• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Big Bill_*

Guest_Big Bill_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted October 16, 2010 - 09:45 PM

While doing a fluid filter change on the Ariens GT14Hydro per owners/service manual instructions I seem to be at a loss. The manuals say to remove rear plug and filter and drain, replace plug, and install new filter with oil added to it, and then prime the pump with a pint of fluid after removing spring and cone through the top port. The problem is that less than half the oil can be drained from the rear plug, the rest is in the bottom of the transaxle. I could remove the hydro hose from the front of the transmission and drain the rest of the fluid, or lift the tractor upright, BUT NOWHERE in the manual does it tell me to do this, or at least I haven't seen any thing of the sort. So what say you all.

#2 jjkrjh OFFLINE  

jjkrjh

• Member No: 1171
  • 8 Thanks
  • 33 posts

Posted October 17, 2010 - 07:22 AM

In the transmission part of the service manual it is showing how to change the filter only. In the differential section it tells you to remove the oil by removing the lower hose. That is the rubber hose at the bottom, front side of the differential.

#3 Guest_Big Bill_*

Guest_Big Bill_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted October 18, 2010 - 04:34 AM

Thanks, I figured right or wrong I'm pulling the hose and changing ALL the fluid