• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 pwombles OFFLINE  

pwombles

• Member No: 7101
  • 200 Thanks
  • 220 posts

Posted April 15, 2013 - 07:31 AM

I recently purchased a MF10 from a friend of mine. His Father- in -law has a massey 12 and I purchased a Front blade from him. Friend calls me yesterday and asks if i would be interested in a sleeve hitch for it. I went there to check it out. Its the sleeve hitch to the FIL's 12. Problem is its incomplete. It is just what you see in the pic. The rest of it is not on the 12, and I do not have the lift mechanism. His FIL shot a price of $125 for what you see, but I think thats too high if its incomplete. Any thoughts on what I should offer? I would hate to let it get away, but dont want to overpay either. DSCF5340.JPG DSCF5344.JPG

#2 New.Canadian.DB.Owner ONLINE  

New.Canadian.DB.Owner
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10178
  • 2,224 Thanks
  • 1,451 posts

Posted April 15, 2013 - 08:05 AM

Need drives price.  Do you need or just want the sleeve hitch?  Half a day with a propane torch & a welder would give you a similar item.

#3 Delmar ONLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,318 Thanks
  • 2,413 posts

Posted April 15, 2013 - 08:59 AM

I can't tell how wide that is, but it looks a whole lot like a cub cadet sleeve hitch.

#4 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 15, 2013 - 09:36 AM

The other pieces are just as important if not more important than what is there. I would only go half that. You can find the whole hitch for that price if you look long enough.

#5 Jlaws OFFLINE  

Jlaws
  • Member No: 31172
  • 542 Thanks
  • 365 posts

Posted April 15, 2013 - 11:41 AM

I agree with NUTNDUN , thats to high a price for whats shown , it does look a little like a cub brinly sleeve hitch except the hitch pin tube hole on a cub sleeve hitch is welded on the inside of the U . 

#6 ckjakline ONLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6073
  • 1,080 Thanks
  • 1,093 posts

Posted April 15, 2013 - 01:56 PM

I also agree with nutndun.You can get a complete sleeve hitch for $125-$150.I think Joes outdoor had the brackets and lift rod listed on ebay the other day.Not sure if he still has them or not.I would offer the f.i.l $75 tops.

Edited by ckjakline, April 15, 2013 - 01:57 PM.

#7 pwombles OFFLINE  

pwombles

• Member No: 7101
  • 200 Thanks
  • 220 posts

Posted April 15, 2013 - 05:53 PM

yea, I dont really need it as my wizard has a sleeve hitch, I just know that prices keep going up on this stuff and I would rather stick the money in the tractor and front blade. yea, i think i am going to pass on this hitch.