Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Source For Seat Pan Isolation Mounts For Lgt165?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Tennblue59 OFFLINE  

Tennblue59

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6000
  • 450 Thanks
  • 522 posts

Posted April 14, 2013 - 05:49 PM

Looking for a source for the rubber mounts to mount the fender/seat pan on the frame for a closed side LGT165. I need the ones that mount under the footboards - have a threaded stud on one side and a screw that screws INTO the mount on the other side.

I found replacement mounts/isolators for the rear (the ones with studs on BOTH sides), but can't seem to find any with a stud on just one side. The ford uses 4 of each. 

I found somebody on Ebay selling the 2 stud mounts pretty reasonable (also, Deere 110's and 3xx series use the same 2 stud model, so they are available through Deere, but $$$), but haven't had any luck with stud/screw model. I need 3 - only one of the 4 on my machine was undamaged... 

Anybody bought any recently or have a current part number?

#2 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted April 14, 2013 - 06:02 PM

New Holland lists them but there $13 and change a piece. Part # is JAC358858. They look like one end is a 1/4-20 thread (female) the other end is a 1/4-20 stud. I checked Ebay and nothing under that part number. I haven't checked anywhere else yet.

#3 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted April 14, 2013 - 06:06 PM

Do you happen to know the height and diameter of the rubber insulator and the length of the stud?

#4 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted April 14, 2013 - 06:09 PM

We have the manual on here if you haven't downloaded it yet. The part is shown on page 79 (item #3) parts list is on page 80

http://gardentractor...-83-parts-book/

#5 New.Canadian.DB.Owner ONLINE  

New.Canadian.DB.Owner
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10178
  • 2,224 Thanks
  • 1,451 posts

Posted April 14, 2013 - 06:12 PM

Do they look like "Style 2" on this page? 

http://www.mcmaster....-mounts/=mbn46d

• IamSherwood and chris m have said thanks

#6 Tennblue59 OFFLINE  

Tennblue59

Tractorholic

• 450 Thanks
  • 522 posts

Posted April 14, 2013 - 06:27 PM

Looks like the type 2 ones on McMaster Carr link in New Canadian's reply (thank you!!!!).

The height of the rubber piece is the same for both types used on the ford (3/4 inch? - don't have one in front of me at the moment...) but interestingly, the stud is a smaller diameter than the 2 studded ones used.

Chris, I do have the parts list and manuals, thanks, but some of the "old" part numbers get lost in translation to "modern" numbers - I ran into that with some hydro trans axle seals - the number in the parts book (and on the side of the leaking seal) was NLA with no comperable part listed. But I was able to get info on a comperable seal (which I was able to obtain) from some members here. So now I always ask for a curent model number just out of habit...

I plan to run down to NAPA in a couple days (it isn't really close by...) - I usually have pretty good luck with them for some wierd parts - especialy for the fords. Having the current NH number should help though!

It's one of the reasons I love participating on this group! WE have a wealth of knowledgable people on here who can usually come up with answers for most questions. Thanks again everybody!!!

BTW, I've been making a lot of progres getting the LGT back together and will update the post I started on it in a few days.

• chris m said thank you

#7 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted April 14, 2013 - 06:31 PM

NP! Glad to be able to help. The other studs are 5/16-18 thread.

#8 Rock farmer ONLINE  

Rock farmer
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10759
  • 1,119 Thanks
  • 1,177 posts

Posted April 14, 2013 - 06:31 PM

Are they broken or spongy? I had broken ones on my LGT 125. I used two part epoxy to fix them. McMaster-Carr or MSC has them. The LGT 125 used a threaded stud on each side. If you don't mind the look just use a nut on them.and, cut off the excess stud.

Joe

#9 Tennblue59 OFFLINE  

Tennblue59

Tractorholic

• 450 Thanks
  • 522 posts

Posted April 14, 2013 - 07:35 PM

One of them was seperated into 2 pieces.Two had cracks in them and are deformed - I could re-use them if needed, but would rather get new ones if not too big of a deal. One was in perfect shape...

Thought ablout trying to glue them somehow, but didn't figure it would last...

#10 poncho62 ONLINE  

poncho62
  • Member No: 42
  • 631 Thanks
  • 1,219 posts

Posted April 14, 2013 - 07:48 PM

I just cut circles out of some 1/2" rubber belting I have laying around and put a bolt through them.......works great and doesnt cost $13 a crack

• IamSherwood said thank you

#11 Tennblue59 OFFLINE  

Tennblue59

Tractorholic

• 450 Thanks
  • 522 posts

Posted April 14, 2013 - 08:18 PM

I actually thought about something like that. I have a couple of the rubber centers from the back mounts where the stud seperated out of the rubber. Considered driling the doughnut and putting a bolt and nut on it. Some vibration would be transferred through the center shaft, but it's not like these things are vibration free anyway.....

Would still rather get the "real thing" if available and the price is not outragious. Given the money and time that goes into one of these projects, I'm not gonna quibble over $30 or so. Now if I can't get the parts, or the price is 3 figures :( , that would be different...

#12 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,408 Thanks
  • 3,158 posts

Posted April 15, 2013 - 03:31 AM

The proper mounts are a MUST HAVE if you want a nice smooth and quiet rig ! As they make a huge difference. I didn't think so iether until I installed them on my 125. Wow! was it ever smooth and quiet afterwards !

#13 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,405 Thanks
  • 39,661 posts

Posted April 15, 2013 - 06:13 AM

Do they look like "Style 2" on this page? 

http://www.mcmaster....-mounts/=mbn46d

Those are the ones I used on my tractor!