• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,405 Thanks
  • 39,661 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 06:17 AM

Roger, glad you found a home for all those goodies. I bet the BIL is one happy person!

• hamman and TenPn have said thanks

#17 bisonrancher OFFLINE  

bisonrancher
  • Member No: 35656
  • 1 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted March 29, 2015 - 01:15 PM

Hello all. This website looks to be the place where I might find the expertise to help me out with some issues regarding our Simplicity 7014S and our Allis Chalmers 914S.  We got the AC first. Last summer the transmission (?) went out.  It now will only creep along in low first gear.  We got the Simp from our neighbors who said it was running.  It is not running. I took the good battery out of the AC and the Simp turned over but that was it.  Behind the engine cover was completely filled with mouse nesting material.  Cleaned that out best I could, rebuilt the carb with a kit from Jacks Small engines, new fuel lines/filter and still nothing. There is no spark when I pulled the plug and turned it over. Any ideas?  I peeked behind that darn engine cover to see some electrical components. But there seems to be no way to get the cover off to reach them without pulling the engine?  The AC mowed great when it was running last year. Beautiful cut!  And both machines, save the seats are cosmetically in very good shape.  I hope this is something simple.  Thanks for any assistance!

• hamman said thank you

#18 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,627 Thanks
  • 2,580 posts

Posted March 29, 2015 - 01:48 PM

Welcome to the forum ! You have a couple of nice machines there. You said that the shroud around the flywheel was packed with mouse nest? If so when you cleaned it out it is possible that the mice had chewed the wire to the plug. If so you would need to buy a new one to put on it. Maybe there is just a bit of rust or junk between the coil and the magnets on the flywheel. that can be cleaned and try it from there. That's a pretty nice machine. So is your Allis . Not much help with the Allis though. You can go to youtube and look up zippo varga's videos and I think he has some for the trans for the tractor you are talking about.  Keep us posted on what you do with the Simplicity. Thanks I think you will find a great bunch of guys here.                                                                              Roger

#19 alec OFFLINE  

alec
  • Member No: 61353
  • 382 Thanks
  • 412 posts

Posted April 01, 2015 - 02:14 AM

I laughed my ass off when I saw the black bag over the seat !! I am still laughing even though I know it was a bag of parts . nice tractor .

• hamman said thank you