• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Wade M OFFLINE  

Wade M
  • Member No: 21230
  • 65 Thanks
  • 58 posts

Posted April 13, 2013 - 06:11 PM

Went to the Plow Days in Danville today.  Found my tractor was starving for gas a little.  Loosened the cap and was fine from there.  Got a few pointers from some of the others, which I appreciated since I never plowed before.  It was a little cold and the wife looked frozen so we left early.  I wanted to catch up with the guy that was behind me and thank him for his help.  I did not get your name but if you reads this post I was the guy with the all red Jacobsen.    

• chris m said thank you

#2 chris m ONLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted April 13, 2013 - 06:16 PM

That's great you got a chance to get the old Jac out there for some plow action! :thumbs: How did it handle plowing? And by the sounds of it I guess your gas cap has a plugged vent hole.

• Wade M said thank you

#3 LTD OFFLINE  

LTD

Cub Cadet Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5951
  • 1,028 Thanks
  • 1,455 posts

Posted April 13, 2013 - 06:58 PM

Sounds like you had a great time. Where's the pictures though????LOL I am goingto go to a plow day if one comes up in my area.

• Wade M said thank you

#4 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted April 13, 2013 - 07:22 PM

Wade, it was a pleasure to meet you today. I'm glad you got to plow. I must have been in a different field when you were plowing. Sure would have liked to have seen on your tractor. Hope to see you again.

Edited by grand, April 13, 2013 - 09:31 PM.

• Wade M said thank you

#5 Wade M OFFLINE  

Wade M
  • Member No: 21230
  • 65 Thanks
  • 58 posts

Posted April 14, 2013 - 04:11 AM

Grand,

I was in the upper field.  I only made to 1 pass.  I had to hold the button on my lift handle down the whole time.  It became uncomfortable to keep plowing.  I will be going to other events.  I believe there is a show swap meet in Bangor PA in May.  I need to look that up. 

Chris M,

I did not have any holes in the cap.  It looked like original equipment.  I will replace it. The jac handled great. it stayed in the track and the Ags kept it moving well.  I was in 1st gear at about 1/2 throttle and I chugged right along.  My wife took video with her phone and we are having trouble emailing it due to file size.  Have to wait till one of the kids are home to figure if we can download it.

#6 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,521 Thanks
  • 39,741 posts

Posted April 14, 2013 - 04:38 AM

Wade, I'm glad you got to go! First time out is a little rough. Lots to get set up and figure out. I'm waiting for my second plow day to happen as I have some more things to try out and see what happens.

#7 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,335 Thanks
  • 28,642 posts

Posted April 14, 2013 - 07:33 AM

Wade, seems I missed you (and probably many others) wish I had known, I could've walked beside and tweaked it in for you. Did that for a few people yesterday.... Including my kid, who should've known better than to turn it the wrong way... ( just kidding bud, we will work on righty tightly, lefty loosy tomorrow :D )

Glad you made it and hope o meet you at another show or next year's plow day.

#8 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted April 14, 2013 - 07:54 AM

Wade, I was admiring your tractor in the parking area and even got a picture or two.  It's nice to see something that's not green or yellow.