• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted April 12, 2013 - 09:25 PM

Today I got the carb back together, and put on the 124. Once I put it on, it fired right up! But would only run at high speed, no idle. I could not resist, and had to take it for a drive anyway. This tractor has always steered hard, but it was WAY worse then I remember! I checked, and I could not see that the front spindles had any grease in them, so I was going to pump some in. The ball in the grease fitting was rusted, and would not take any grease; no big deal, I will just change it! Nope! Those ones where push in, I only have ones with threads. I decided to take the spindles out, then tap the holes so I could use the fittings I had; besides, I like the threaded ones better anyway. The left spindle was just about seized in there, but I got it out. Once I had it all back together with new fittings and pumped up with grease, it steered great! Way better then any cub I have driven!

Now, enough getting side tracked, back to the carb. Since I had no idea how to adjust it correctly, I had neighbor Herby come give me a hand. We could not get it running well, and he thought the float was out of adjustment. He had something else to do, so he went back home while I checked the float. I pulled it apart, and it was out of adjustment! Note to self, always check float adjustment when carb is apart the first time.

I put it back together, and with what Herby taught me while he was over I was able to get it running pretty good! The idle is not perfect, but still pretty good. Here is the video.

Once I had it all running good, I spent about 15 minutes driving around in the dark... with no lights. I got it a little muddy while riding around, but it was worth it. :D

• chris m, boyscout862, Newpaws493 and 1 other said thanks

#2 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted April 12, 2013 - 09:32 PM

LOL Ryan!!! I watched it before you played the joke :D  Sounds good

#3 robert_p43 OFFLINE  

robert_p43
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11040
  • 572 Thanks
  • 534 posts

Posted April 13, 2013 - 07:51 AM

I just watched this and thought, "Did this guy seriously just walk up and put his feet under a mower deck and start it?"  OH MY! :biting_nails:

#4 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted April 13, 2013 - 03:39 PM

I just watched this and thought, "Did this guy seriously just walk up and put his feet under a mower deck and start it?"  OH MY! :biting_nails:

That is not a mower deck. It is a custom weight bar. I hope you still have some finger nails left :D

#5 LTD OFFLINE  

LTD

Cub Cadet Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5951
  • 1,028 Thanks
  • 1,455 posts

Posted April 13, 2013 - 03:43 PM

That is EXACTLY what I thought,but I saw the thread where Ryan had pics. of the weight bar. Would of fooled me too.

• chris m said thank you

#6 robert_p43 OFFLINE  

robert_p43
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11040
  • 572 Thanks
  • 534 posts

Posted April 13, 2013 - 04:18 PM

That is not a mower deck. It is a custom weight bar. I hope you still have some finger nails left :D

I do. LOL

That is EXACTLY what I thought,but I saw the thread where Ryan had pics. of the weight bar. Would of fooled me too.

I missed that thread.