3 replies to this topic

#1 hatedge OFFLINE  

hatedge

Beer Guzzling Canuck

• Member No: 9737
  • 292 Thanks
  • 577 posts

Posted April 11, 2013 - 10:16 AM

I recently picked up a mf 12 GT and I have been working onthe engine for a while and It now starts. Now I want to get to the transmission but I cannot find what oils goes in there and where is the filler plug? I look around but cannot find manuals for the trans.

Would ATF dextron be ok? where do I fill it? how do I check level? Where can I find owner or service manuals for engine, tractor and trans?

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,804 Thanks
  • 7,545 posts

Posted April 11, 2013 - 11:11 AM

Check the manuals section tab above. Maybe this one  http://gardentractor...service-manual/ Good Luck, Rick

Edited by boyscout862, April 11, 2013 - 11:14 AM.

• hatedge said thank you

#3 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted April 11, 2013 - 11:47 AM

Hi Hatedge,

You don't say (in this post) what model it is.  Is it a gear drive or a hydro?

If it is a gear drive, you use 90 wt oil and it goes into a plugged tube directly under the seat.  I think it takes two quarts.

The hydro has two or more places where oil goes.  Some models have an oil reservoir under the seat for the hydraulic fluid.  The fill spot for the hydro differential is also located under the seat.

Other hydro models do not have a hydro tank under the seat.  Instead, tucked under the left footboard back near the tire is a "hook" looking peice of tubing.  Remove the tubing from the transmission and add oil there.  I forget what it takes, hopefully I can find out or someone else will chime in.

• hatedge said thank you

#4 hatedge OFFLINE  

hatedge

Beer Guzzling Canuck

• Member No: 9737
  • 292 Thanks
  • 577 posts

Posted April 11, 2013 - 02:59 PM

Thanks to you both guys.

Check the manuals section tab above. Maybe this one  http://gardentractor...service-manual/ Good Luck, Rick

I looked for a manual on the site but only came up with a dealer prep and delivery manual :( I guess i wasnt looking in the right place.

Hi Hatedge,

You don't say (in this post) what model it is.  Is it a gear drive or a hydro?

Sorry for the lak of info as the tractor is not here with me and ive no idea if the tractor is either gear or hydro, I would rather think it to be hydro but i will have a closer look. Ill also post pics for you guys to help figure out the exact model year.

• boyscout862 said thank you