Garden Tractor Forums banner

K301 K321 Differences

571 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  8tyman8 
#1 ·
My friend bought a trActor the guy claimed it was a 14 but the cover says 301 so I want to find a way to know for sure without taking the head off and it's on a cub so I'm not able to read what it says on the block and its a puller so there's no model number thanks

#2 ·
Back of the block above the Pto there is a Casting number and it should be stamped k321 but it will look like + K321 + or + K301 +

Reactions: larryd
#4 ·
The K321 should have a #30 carter carb on it, were the K301 would have the #26 carter carb. Unless of course it has a Walbro carb on it?

But if it is a Carter carb you can look in the choke opening behind the choke butterfly plate, up on top of the throat you will see the size of the carb (26 or 30)

That also is if the carb is original and someone hasn't swapped it out. Other than this like stated above the numbers are usually on the pto side of the block. Other than these 2 methods I don't know any other way other than removing the head?

#5 ·
When you say Puller is it a Custom engine ? if so i would not wounder if it is a k321 or it is a k301 .... What they may have done is Cheated and had a k321 block and put a k301 cooling shroud on it and said that its a 12 hp engine (Before the pull) but its really a 14hp under cover ...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.