• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 SamMC OFFLINE  

SamMC
  • Member No: 30776
  • 208 Thanks
  • 171 posts

Posted April 11, 2013 - 08:40 PM

I smell a story here :wave: I too had an incident with a mesquete tree, luckly it didn't hurt the tractor as much as my pride.

I dropped an eighty foot tall oak on top of my lawn tractor. Fifteen thousand pound tree meets 600 pound tractor. Tree wins.

• larrybl said thank you

#32 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted April 11, 2013 - 09:31 PM

ATM I am the guy who needs disparately to mow his yard but doesn't have time. Hopefully this weekend. Maybe.

#33 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,953 Thanks
  • 3,326 posts

Posted April 11, 2013 - 09:43 PM

I dropped an eighty foot tall oak on top of my lawn tractor. Fifteen thousand pound tree meets 600 pound tractor. Tree wins.

Ouch! Mine was simpler, I was used to using a old 11hp Montgomery Wards to mow the front yard, Had a couple Mesquete trees with low limbs, I would put the mower in 2nd gear and slide off the back of the seat and let the mower go under the tree, and I would catch up with it on the other side. 

Fast foreward to the first mow with the 2000 Craftsman with the hi back seat. Wasn't thinking so I approached the tree, set the mower to 2nd gear and tried to slide off...... :wallbanging:  Mesquetes have large long thorns, And as of now, there are no longer low hanging branches.

• Amigatec and SamMC have said thanks

#34 HydroHarold OFFLINE  

HydroHarold
  • Member No: 9622
  • 702 Thanks
  • 977 posts

Posted April 11, 2013 - 10:54 PM

I heard the first "That Guy Meets Rock" today over on the other street.  It was running real nice there and then after the big bang it was no go.  Somebody always has to be the first!:D

• SamMC said thank you

#35 art_2310 OFFLINE  

art_2310
  • Member No: 27419
  • 36 Thanks
  • 45 posts

Posted April 12, 2013 - 10:41 AM

I'm definitely that guy. So far I'm the only one that has reseeded and fertilized. I do have the best looking lawn in the neighborhood.

Edited by art_2310, April 12, 2013 - 10:41 AM.