OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted April 10, 2013 - 05:10 PM

I guess this is Bolens related since it will be my new "Long distance Bolens tractor toter"  :D :D :D

The wife and I have been looking for some time for a new "Long distance road trip vehicle', and finally found one that we liked at the PRICE we liked.

We are upgrading from a '93 that is starting to have a lot of issues to a 1999 that looks to be in danged good shape, PLUS it is eligible for a 3rd party warranty.

It was on eBay at a pretty good Buy it now price, but we made an offer, which was excepted.  We will be renting a car and making the road trip to GA to pick it up on Monday or Tuesday.

Here's a vid of it:

• Newpaws493 and JRJ have said thanks

#2 Arti ONLINE  

Arti
  • Member No: 11282
  • 1,288 Thanks
  • 962 posts

Posted April 10, 2013 - 05:23 PM

That looks great.. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

#3 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,440 Thanks
  • 39,677 posts

Posted April 10, 2013 - 05:35 PM

Nice! Just be sure to have extra wiper blades for the road trips!

#4 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted April 10, 2013 - 05:54 PM

That is really nice !  I have to agreew iwth Kenny, because of your history you might want to check the wiper blades real carefull and maybe even pick up spares before you set out. Good luck and safe travels :thumbs:

#5 JRJ OFFLINE  

JRJ
  • Member No: 16399
  • 876 Thanks
  • 1,170 posts

Posted April 10, 2013 - 06:32 PM

I see one thing you may want to get them to throw in the deal and that is the T.V's they are not the newer flat screens, so I don't know how they will work at your hook up on the road, since that law or what ever it was with the cable boxes.

Dick

#6 blackjackjakexxix ONLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Sponsor
  • Member No: 2194
  • 2,356 Thanks
  • 1,763 posts

Posted April 10, 2013 - 06:47 PM

Wow Dave,very nice,let me know how the fuel milage is,thinking about going the same  way and getting rid of the 30' tow behind

#7 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted April 10, 2013 - 06:56 PM

You certainly aren't afraid of a drive!  I'm looking at a Bolens large frame hydro, I believe a 1455, which is in need of a rescue.  You wouldn't want a detour into VA, now, would you?

Ben W.

#8 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,783 Thanks
  • 4,303 posts

Posted April 10, 2013 - 07:21 PM

WOW, that is quite a vehicle for a "road trip"!

I was thinking a pick-up truck or SUV.

You going to use this to pick up GT's?

Maybe put them in the "basement"! :bigrofl:

#9 Littledeere OFFLINE  

Littledeere

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2778
  • 1,545 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted April 10, 2013 - 08:03 PM

That's bigger than the house me and my wife rented win we got married

#10 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted April 10, 2013 - 09:01 PM

I see one thing you may want to get them to throw in the deal and that is the T.V's they are not the newer flat screens, so I don't know how they will work at your hook up on the road, since that law or what ever it was with the cable boxes.

Dick

At what I offered and will actually be paying, I saved way more than enough to put in a couple of flat screen TVs  :D :D :D

Wow Dave,very nice,let me know how the fuel milage is,thinking about going the same  way and getting rid of the 30' tow behind

Rick, odds are that it will get in the neighborhood of 7 MPG.  That's pretty much the norm for RVs of this size.

WOW, that is quite a vehicle for a "road trip"!

I was thinking a pick-up truck or SUV.

You going to use this to pick up GT's?

Maybe put them in the "basement"! :bigrofl:

Just for the LONG road trips, and things like tractor shows and plow days :D :D :D

@superaben:

You're right, I'm not afraid of a long road trip.  I went 1600+ miles round trip to the Des Moines, IA area to pick up the HDT1000.

Here's a pic of us the way out, and then one loaded up and ready to head back.  There was also a Brinly planter in the basement storage :D :D :D

100_4395.jpg HDT1000 003.jpg

Now that I have my own trailer, I'll be more predisposed to travel to plow days and such, where before I only went to one show a year which was local.

I'm really looking forward to going down to KY this fall for olcowhand's plow day.

There's also going to be the VGTCOA Expo for 2013, July 18-21 in Plain City, OH (near Columbus).  DougT is organizing it, and he's looking for 1,000+ GTs this year.  I plan on taking at least the HDT1000 and a G11. If it doesn't overload the trailer, I'd like to take the 1886 Forklift as well.

Edited by OldBuzzard, April 10, 2013 - 09:02 PM.

• blackjackjakexxix and KennyP have said thanks

#11 bolex OFFLINE  

bolex
  • Member No: 9864
  • 123 Thanks
  • 313 posts

Posted April 11, 2013 - 04:06 PM

OB just take very good care of that V10 i have several friends that are ford nutts :loosing_it: and they all love there V10's for pulling and work use but none of them can tell me why there engines have broke and been rebuilt or replaced several times and none of them will even consider a powerstroke that will outlast and outrun the V10 as shown by another friends  truck with 290000+ powerstroke with no major breakdowns and pulls a 10000 lb trailer all day every day all week and some weekends moving tractors and equipment , why is the v10 so good :mad2: . but the unit looks good and solid and southern so keep it in the south or don't drive it in the snow cause we up north know what salt can do so keep it clean and safe . Only know one guy that doesn't have issues with his v10 but his truck is a 99/00 with maybe 10000 on it so if he uses it once every 2/3 months i would be surprised , it sets lookin pretty in the shop buffed and waxed and pimped out under a cover :smilewink:

#12 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted April 11, 2013 - 05:16 PM

My last two motorhomes have been on a Chevy chassis.  The first was WAY back in the late 70s with the 350, and the one I'm replacing has the 454.  I've liked the Chevy chassis as they are pretty stable going down the road.  My first was on a Dodge chassis and it acted like it had a hinge in the middle.  It would wonder all over the place anytime the road camber changed while the Chevy chassis ones would run like they were on rails..

This will be my first with the Ford chassis.  I do know that the V10 seems to be VERY popular in the big Class A motorhomes, so it must have something going for it.  I doubt that Winnebago, with their reputation, would use something that wasn't suitable for the task.

The other thing is that with a motorhome, I'm not going to be mashing the pedal to the metal and hot rodding it :D :D :D

Edited by OldBuzzard, April 11, 2013 - 05:16 PM.