62 replies to this topic

#31 Moosetales OFFLINE  

Moosetales

Always learning something!

• Member No: 8172
  • 1,088 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted April 26, 2013 - 10:58 PM

Well I pulled the curl cylinder off the 7020 this morning and opened her up. I knew instantly when I pulled the cylinder off the bucket something was wrong because the shaft slid right out of the housing.

2013-04-26 06.01.17.jpg

2013-04-26 06.08.08.jpg

Come to find out, not only were the seals bad but the nut on the end of the shaft had worked it's way off and destroyed the threads in the process. I called Will at Hydraulic Solutions of NE and he told me to bring it by. We discussed the options and decided on rebuilding the threads and having new threads machined into the rebuilt end.

2013-04-26 07.26.38.jpg

I called and 3 p.m. and they had the cylinder back together and ready to be picked up. All in all, Will was able to rebuild and reassemble, with the extra machining, for about $30 more than I would have paid for the rebuild kit alone. I am one happy GT owner tonight. Now to sand and paint the cylinder and I'm one step closer to getting the FEL off the ground and running as she should.

#32 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,483 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted April 27, 2013 - 05:17 AM

Glad they were able to fix it for you! It will be nice to see this working again!

• Moosetales said thank you

#33 John@Reliable OFFLINE  

John@Reliable

Procrastinators unite tomorrow

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 36
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,416 posts

Posted April 27, 2013 - 07:15 AM

"and they had the cylinder back together and ready to be picked up. All in all, Will was able to rebuild and reassemble, with the extra machining, for about $30 more than I would have paid for the rebuild kit alone."

Can't beat that, nice when you find guys that will go the extra for you. :thumbs:

#34 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted April 27, 2013 - 03:27 PM

Well I pulled the curl cylinder off the 7020 this morning and opened her up. I knew instantly when I pulled the cylinder off the bucket something was wrong because the shaft slid right out of the housing.

attachicon.gif2013-04-26 06.01.17.jpg

attachicon.gif2013-04-26 06.08.08.jpg

Come to find out, not only were the seals bad but the nut on the end of the shaft had worked it's way off and destroyed the threads in the process. I called Will at Hydraulic Solutions of NE and he told me to bring it by. We discussed the options and decided on rebuilding the threads and having new threads machined into the rebuilt end.

attachicon.gif2013-04-26 07.26.38.jpg

I called and 3 p.m. and they had the cylinder back together and ready to be picked up. All in all, Will was able to rebuild and reassemble, with the extra machining, for about $30 more than I would have paid for the rebuild kit alone. I am one happy GT owner tonight. Now to sand and paint the cylinder and I'm one step closer to getting the FEL off the ground and running as she should.

You mean you're happy GT Owners Son!  That's Dad's ride!    :smilewink:   Well, you are a GT owner, just not that of the 7020.

• KennyP, Moosetales and UncleWillie have said thanks

#35 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,752 Thanks
  • 8,921 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 07:57 AM

I am one happy GT owner tonight. Now to sand and paint the cylinder and I'm one step closer to getting the FEL off the ground and running as she should.

You mean you're happy GT Owners Son!  That's Dad's ride!    :smilewink:   Well, you are a GT owner, just not that of the 7020.

I'm starting to get the impression that delivery of the Ingy to Dad's place is going to happen roughly in October. 2013 or 2014 is what has me stumped, though.

#36 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 08:03 AM

I'm starting to get the impression that delivery of the Ingy to Dad's place is going to happen roughly in October. 2013 or 2014 is what has me stumped, though.

The model number may closer denote the date it arrives at Dad's place....7020!   :bigrofl:

#37 cubcadetguys OFFLINE  

cubcadetguys
  • Member No: 25428
  • 7 Thanks
  • 19 posts

Posted April 28, 2013 - 07:08 PM

Great store the loader looks tuff

#38 Moosetales OFFLINE  

Moosetales

• 1,088 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted May 02, 2013 - 10:17 PM

Well, thought I'd give you all an update. Yes, I think year 7020 should be the perfect year to hand the tractor over to dad.

PROGRESS TO DATE:

1) The curl cylinder is now rebuilt and repainted and ready to go.

2) The rear flow valve is rebuilt and has been reinstalled on the tractor.

3) I should be receiving new bearings for the tiller and a 90 degree hose for the oil heat exchange unit tomorrow.

4) New return line (that once was spliced) has been fitted and ready to be installed once the hose on the heat exchange has been installed.

5) Purchased new bushings for the curl cylinder as the old ones were toast. I still need to trim the bushings (length) before I complete the install of the cylinder.

My hope is to have everything back in place by the end of this weekend so I can put her through the paces.

2013-04-30 23.36.21.jpg

2013-04-30 23.36.31.jpg

2013-04-30 23.37.13.jpg

(I hate sideways pics but I'm off to the garage to continue work on the tractor so I don't have time to rotate them.....guess it shows where my priorities are.)

• KennyP said thank you

#39 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,483 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted May 03, 2013 - 05:24 AM

Looking good! Glad it is going back together and maybe Dad can play with it some!

#40 Moosetales OFFLINE  

Moosetales

• 1,088 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted May 05, 2013 - 11:25 PM

Well I got the 7020 back together today and she runs great. I still need to tighten one fitting, re-install the dash plate and grill and I'm done (for now) with the tractor. Now to get to dad's tiller.

I almost forgot the basics today. After I got everything back together I went to start the tractor and NOTHING!. I checked everything, charged the battery, rechecked everything and nothing still. I was disheartened to say the least. A few minutes later I noticed that one of the headlight wires (I have the headlights unplugged right now while I repaint the grill) was touching the frame. I taped the wire and went looking for the inline fuse. Sure enough, it was the fuse that had blown that was causing my "no go". I replaced the fuse as the tractor fired right up.

Here's a quick video clip of the bucket back in operation.

And here are a few "glamour" shots :bigrofl: .

2013-05-05 13.52.40.jpg

2013-05-05 13.52.51.jpg

2013-05-05 13.51.57.jpg

• olcowhand and KennyP have said thanks

#41 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,483 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted May 06, 2013 - 05:59 AM

Glad it's getting closer to being 'operational' again! Your Dad is going to be very happy with this!

#42 Moosetales OFFLINE  

Moosetales

• 1,088 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted May 20, 2013 - 10:49 PM

So I got the whole family out and on the 7020 the other day......all the adults that is. Much to their chagrin I've compiled a video of my mom, dad and lovely wife taking turns driving the tractor around. When you compile video clips of your family riding on a serious machine you just gotta have fun with the sound tack. Thanks to my daughter I found the perfect music for this clip. Enjoy.

So far I've brought rock from the woods to where my wife is building a rock wall. Tilled two gardens. Moved my wife's compost pile. Graded the shoulder of our long drive. And, moved a huge pile of rotting "fire wood" out to the middle of a field where it will be a great bonfire one of these days. Sadly, I have only to tighten a leaky hydraulic fitting, re-install the grill and headlights and put the dash face plate back in place and she's ready to head off to dad's place. Here's to hoping he forgets it's at my place. :D

• olcowhand, KennyP and Newpaws493 have said thanks

#43 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,483 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted May 21, 2013 - 05:18 AM

Great video! I doubt he is going to forget it, but he might let you borrow it when needed!

#44 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,763 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted May 21, 2013 - 11:55 AM

That is a nice tractor. You should get many years of use out of it.

#45 BowlBuilder OFFLINE  

BowlBuilder

• Member No: 8169
  • 446 Thanks
  • 427 posts

Posted May 21, 2013 - 04:00 PM

Make sure your Dad is aware that the 4wd system should only be engaged with the transaxle in low.  I would hate to see it break the front end because of some miscommunication.