Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

2013 Garden, But Not With Out Its Problems.

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#46 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,630 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted June 15, 2013 - 03:43 PM

Sue says you don't need any sleep....too much work needs done!!  :D

• Craig. said thank you

#47 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 881 Thanks
  • 763 posts

Posted June 21, 2013 - 07:34 AM

Went out to check on the garden a few days ago and this is what I seen IMAG0724.jpg You can just barely see my wife's leg in far back left side.  For nearly 30years I have mowed the yard of our home, no matter which home we were in at the time. Well Last week Sue wasn't feeling vary well, kinda feeling down, cause of everything that's on her plate. I sat her down and told her to go mow the lawn. You should of seen the look I got. Like she didn't have enough she was doing. Well then I started to tell her something about mowing I never told her B4 because it was always my job. I told her that mowing is therapeutic. Sitting on the tractor is relaxing, but most of all the aroma of the freshly cut grass is relaxing, calming, and makes everything else melt away. I told her all I'm telling her is documented. I had to teach her a couple safety things about running the Craftsman, sense it has been 30yrs sense she has ran a tractor, then off she went.

So I didn't get to mow the lawn, there will be next week, I can mow then, I do so enjoy mowing the lawn. Well this week came, got up got my coffee, headed out to garden to check on it. Looked up and seen this IMAG0725.jpg IMAG0726.jpg The look she was giving me, told me, Don't even think of taking this tractor away from me!! I'm now wondering how long it will be B4 she starts feeling better, I miss mowing the lawn! The garden is coming along nicely. PS. If any of you meet my wife DON'T EVER mention I posted pic's of her mowing, she'll kill me! I figure Im safe on GTT, she never goes to this site. That goes for you to    olcowhand, If you say anything to her I'll stop bringing you goodies. lol

Attached Thumbnails

• IMAG0723.jpg

Edited by BaumBaum, June 21, 2013 - 08:13 AM.

• olcowhand said thank you

#48 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted June 21, 2013 - 07:48 AM

Awesome. Maybe you need to get a smaller mower so that it takes longer and then both of you will get seat time. I often mow in a lower gear than neaded just so that it's more relaxing (and takes a little longer... shhhh, don't tell the wife)!!

• Craig. said thank you

#49 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• 881 Thanks
  • 763 posts

Posted June 21, 2013 - 08:15 AM

Awesome. Maybe you need to get a smaller mower so that it takes longer and then both of you will get seat time. I often mow in a lower gear than neaded just so that it's more relaxing (and takes a little longer... shhhh, don't tell the wife)!!

I like that Idea, thanks! I wont tell your wife, you don't tell mine that I posted pic's of her, and its a deal!

Edited by BaumBaum, June 21, 2013 - 08:17 AM.

#50 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• 881 Thanks
  • 763 posts

Posted June 21, 2013 - 08:20 AM

Sue says you don't need any sleep....too much work needs done!!  :D

That's no lie, This is the year of house repair for sure. No end in sight.

#51 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,630 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted June 21, 2013 - 08:29 AM

DON'T EVER mention I posted pic's of her mowing, she'll kill me! I figure Im safe on GTT, she never goes to this site. That goes for you to    olcowhand, If you say anything to her I'll stop bringing you goodies. lol

It would likely be worth the risk!   :bigrofl:  :bigrofl:  :bigrofl:  :bigrofl: ............... :smilewink:

• Craig. said thank you

#52 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,630 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted June 21, 2013 - 08:32 AM

That's no lie, This is the year of house repair for sure. No end in sight.

You know every bit as well as I do that with our older homes, there will NEVER be an end in sight on repairs & improvements.  :(

I gotta say that you guys keep a beautiful place!   :thumbs:   That doesn't happen by accident, it takes a lot of work!!  

• Craig. said thank you

#53 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• 881 Thanks
  • 763 posts

Posted June 21, 2013 - 09:04 PM

You know every bit as well as I do that with our older homes, there will NEVER be an end in sight on repairs & improvements.  :(

I gotta say that you guys keep a beautiful place!   :thumbs:   That doesn't happen by accident, it takes a lot of work!!  

You no who it is that makes sure it is nice looking. Cuz it sure aint me!

#54 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• 881 Thanks
  • 763 posts

Posted June 21, 2013 - 10:03 PM

Today I planted all day! What did I plant, you ask. I planted wire! Yes wire! Caleb snuck out an open gate, and nearly got himself killed B4 we new he was out. Scared Sue & I pretty good. The street in front of my house is a VARY busy street and he went right to the middle of it. I thank God they all stopped and kept from killing him. So our plans for today came to a halt. A while back I had bought a wireless fence, but never put it in, but after today's event we decided we had no choice. So from 9am to 8pm I planted wire! IMAG0727.jpg IMAG0728.jpg IMAG0729.jpg IMAG0730.jpg IMAG0731.jpg I was never so glad to finish planting that stupid wire. Now Sue & I have a couple weeks of training to do.

#55 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• 881 Thanks
  • 763 posts

Posted June 25, 2013 - 12:13 PM

Had bad storm last night, I got to go out and check garden for damage but I'm watching grand babies at the moment.

#56 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• 881 Thanks
  • 763 posts

Posted June 25, 2013 - 09:19 PM

Didn't get chance to check garden, had to take wife to hospital. Her side is hurting real bad but they couldn't find anything wrong but a bit of swelling around the appendices. They gave her anti inflammatory medicine then sent her home. She's still in a lot of pain, I have to help her with everything. We'll see how tonight goes and start over tomorrow. And now and another storm is hitting us. I'm out on the back porch and watching it rain and storm and thunder and lightning and watching the wind blow the lawn chairs across my property hoping the garden is ok

#57 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,630 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 08:58 AM

Hope all turns out something easy to deal with for Sue.   I can just eat a big bowl off Pinto beans & the next day have severe gas cramps, but easier to "blow" that off!  I left you a post on Facebook for Sue.

I see you guys are getting hammered with rain this morning as well, and some heavy storms just under you.  Tonight we get our storms they say.  Already laid part of my corn over at a 45 angle, and tomato plants damaged some as well.

#58 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• 881 Thanks
  • 763 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 04:38 PM

Ya Daniel I did see that on FB thanks, Sue is doing much better but still hurting, there thinking colitis or the start of appendicitis.She's going to watch her diet here on out.....  Well I did finally make it out to the garden. Had a bunch of corn laid over flat. I straightened them all back up, but not vary hopeful they will survive.Tomatoes surprisingly weathered real good, but I think they did good cuz I had already caged them up. But potatoes didn't fare as well quite a few were also laid over flat. So time will tell I guess.

#59 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,630 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 05:32 PM

Corn even laid flat sometimes survives.  It will even right itself somewhat.  Real hard to get through the rows though.  Laid over at a 45 is no problem...almost always straightens up on it's own.  I never try standing it back up, as usually it does more harm than good I'm afraid.

Tell Sue we're rooting for her and you keep an eye on her!  This is sure a change....usually it's you that she has to worry about.

#60 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• 881 Thanks
  • 763 posts

Posted June 27, 2013 - 06:27 AM

Corn even laid flat sometimes survives.  It will even right itself somewhat.  Real hard to get through the rows though.  Laid over at a 45 is no problem...almost always straightens up on it's own.  I never try standing it back up, as usually it does more harm than good I'm afraid.  Tell Sue we're rooting for her and you keep an eye on her!  This is sure a change....usually it's you that she has to worry about.

Boy ain't that the truth. It is a change of pace, her in hospital instead of me lol. Last night she even did some painting, no bending over, mind you, but painted none the less. I started days today, so I'm texting my daughter-b-law to stop n and c her.
  • olcowhand said thank you