Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

2013 Garden, But Not With Out Its Problems.

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#31 Amigatec OFFLINE  

Amigatec

Collector of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5899
  • 2,023 Thanks
  • 3,172 posts

Posted June 09, 2013 - 09:53 AM

You need to come work on the weeds in mine.
  • Craig. said thank you

#32 Delmar OFFLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,323 Thanks
  • 2,416 posts

Posted June 09, 2013 - 10:17 AM

That has got to be one of the cleanest and most perfect looking gardens I've ever seen... Paint that fence and you could publish the picture in magazines!!

"Better Homes and Gardens" !

That is a great looking garden!  I probably should put a fence around mine to keep my dogs out of it, but without the fence they keep the rabbits out of it.

I took a pic this morning of one of my favorite things in the garden....corn popping up in rows!

100_9546.jpg

Edited by James henry, June 09, 2013 - 10:21 AM.

• Alc and Craig. have said thanks

#33 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted June 09, 2013 - 11:00 AM

Well Daniel ( olcowhand ) It just doesn't sound right when you call me Ron! Please continue with Craig or Craggie lol And just so you no, calling you Daniel, instead of Uncle Daniel, (like you requested) also doesn't sound right coming out of my mouth lol. Saying Daniel without the Uncle in front is like saying half a name to me lol. I'm Just Saying :dancingbanana:

Uncle Dan'l is fine with me too Craig!  :D

• Texas Deere and Horse and Craig. have said thanks

#34 oldtimer OFFLINE  

oldtimer
  • Member No: 10588
  • 374 Thanks
  • 339 posts

Posted June 09, 2013 - 11:55 AM

Thanks bro! I love my MF! I had to do something to protect my garden cuz when we moved into this place first thing we noticed in the morning, was, where I wanted the garden, was also where all the animals, in the area met for there morning meetings, and I didn't want to be providing there donuts and coffee if you no what I mean lol.

You have the wild critters police in your yard !!?? 

• Craig. and Delmar have said thanks

#35 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 883 Thanks
  • 765 posts

Posted June 09, 2013 - 12:25 PM

"Better Homes and Gardens" !

That is a great looking garden!  I probably should put a fence around mine to keep my dogs out of it, but without the fence they keep the rabbits out of it.

I took a pic this morning of one of my favorite things in the garden....corn popping up in rows!

attachicon.gif100_9546.jpg

I love CORN !! only last year I got 1 or 2 ears cuz of racoons. That's one of the reasons why I put the electric fence up this year. Last year I lost 3/4s of my garden due to critters. To say the least I was Ticked :mad2: Since I put electric up, so far no critters..

#36 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted June 09, 2013 - 12:34 PM

I love CORN !! only last year I got 1 or 2 ears cuz of racoons. That's one of the reasons why I put the electric fence up this year. Last year I lost 3/4s of my garden due to critters. To say the least I was Ticked :mad2: Since I put electric up, so far no critters..

Just like I told ya!  The low wire helps stop diggers, and the high one stop the climbers.  But ya gotta pee on the fence now & then to be sure it's good & hot.  You have been checking it this way, right?  :rolling:

• Delmar and twostep have said thanks

#37 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• 883 Thanks
  • 765 posts

Posted June 09, 2013 - 12:39 PM

You have the wild critters police in your yard !!?? 

Yes and No. Have a dog Caleb IMAG0661.jpg But he cant get to back yard yet cuz back part of yard is not fenced in. Only back part of house and pool is fenced in. IMAGE_119.jpg So he cant get to garden to protect it. Need to fence in all of my yard. vary costly. so not for a while lol

#38 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• 883 Thanks
  • 765 posts

Posted June 09, 2013 - 12:55 PM

Just like I told ya!  The low wire helps stop diggers, and the high one stop the climbers.  But ya gotta pee on the fence now & then to be sure it's good & hot.  You have been checking it this way, right?  :rolling:

Yes I no about the pee test and yes it should be done, BUT I usually have Nathan with me to test electric fences, I test non electric fences. That's the way of it. I'm the oldest, Nathans next in line for the electric. So let it be written so let it be done!! But beings he isn't up here, Nor have I been properly trained on how that done exactly, I called OSHA on how to get qualified, and they said all I need is for you to come up & visit me, and properly train me on how to pee on electric fences. After a week of training and watching you show me how its done, you can certify me as an official, electric fence Pee tester!.......So when are you coming up to Elkhart In.?

#39 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted June 09, 2013 - 01:06 PM

Yes I no about the pee test and yes it should be done, BUT I usually have Nathan with me to test electric fences, I test non electric fences. That's the way of it. I'm the oldest, Nathans next in line for the electric. So let it be written so let it be done!! But beings he isn't up here, Nor have I been properly trained on how that done exactly, I called OSHA on how to get qualified, and they said all I need is for you to come up & visit me, and properly train me on how to pee on electric fences. After a week of training and watching you show me how its done, you can certify me as an official, electric fence Pee tester!.......So when are you coming up to Elkhart In.?

I lost my "fence pee test certification" due to enlarged prostate.  They said they can't allow me to train anymore due to a large shock load could cause my prostate to EXPLODE!  I tend to believe they mean that this could be uncomfortable to alarming to me, so I handed over my certification card.  Getting older means a lot of changes, so peeing on electric fences is out for me now....sad yes, but a fact of life, and I have to succomb to such changes.  I'll start saving my pocket change though so I can buy a bus ticket for nephew Nathan to come up there & at least check the fence even without proper certification.  Better safe than sorry!   :bigrofl:

• Craig. said thank you

#40 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• 883 Thanks
  • 765 posts

Posted June 09, 2013 - 08:05 PM

Ok I got the top of the top rail painted. That's right, the top of the top rail of the fence lol. that's all I had time for.IMAG0709.jpg IMAG0710.jpg Also I ran out of paint, thought I had another gallon, but no!.

While painting I was looking behind the garden, realizing I can double the size of my garden. then I can just plant corn back there, opening up more room in the front for different types of veggiesIMAG0711.jpg IMAG0712.jpg IMAG0713.jpg IMAG0714.jpg Now all I have to do is convince the wife.

• Alc said thank you

#41 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted June 10, 2013 - 02:04 PM

Every time I read of someone reccomending peeing on the fence, I think of my father-in-law, who felt guilty about talking his little brother into peeing on the magneto of a John Deere B. It did not work out well when his brother spent 3 days in the hospital.

• Craig. said thank you

#42 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted June 10, 2013 - 04:33 PM

Every time I read of someone reccomending peeing on the fence, I think of my father-in-law, who felt guilty about talking his little brother into peeing on the magneto of a John Deere B. It did not work out well when his brother spent 3 days in the hospital.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger they say, and in this case....much smarter too!  :smilewink:   

• Craig. said thank you

#43 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• 883 Thanks
  • 765 posts

Posted June 12, 2013 - 06:24 AM

Last day of work, I'm off Thurs. & Fri. Looking forward to finishing the painting on garden fence. Then fixing broken pipe on pool filter, then go to Lowes pick up a gal. wood bondo & 2 gallons white paint. Oops I guess I need to do that first, otherwise might be tough painting fence. Looking forward to it.

#44 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• 883 Thanks
  • 765 posts

Posted June 13, 2013 - 09:37 PM

Finished painting the garden fence today, but only after trying to repair my garden after last nights thunderstorm and strong winds. A lot of my corn, potatoes, and beans were laid over flat. so I stood them up straight and there didn't appear to be to much damage. Once that was done I went onto painting the fence. IMAG0715.jpg IMAG0720.jpg   But it didn't stop there, the wife had me paint the porch, took the rest of the day to finish that. Tomorrow, paint the fence around pool, paint trim of house, put up shutters, then fix pool filter, then finish opening the pool for the summer. Stay awake all night tomorrow night, getting ready to change over to working midnights. I tell you what, I'm ready for bed.   

• olcowhand and twostep have said thanks

#45 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• 883 Thanks
  • 765 posts

Posted June 14, 2013 - 09:08 PM

Finished all projects plus got the Craftsman tractor out and mowed the lawn.