Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

2013 Garden, But Not With Out Its Problems.

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 884 Thanks
  • 765 posts

Posted April 09, 2013 - 08:09 PM

Tilled up the garden this year, or tried to. Was nearly done, when PTO just stopped. IMAG0618.jpg IMAG0619.jpg So I pulled it into the garage. IMAG0620.jpg I soon found the problem IMAG0621.jpg   Just a missing nut & bolt on pulley pensioner for PTO drive shaft. But in the process of replacing the nut & bolt Ive found that the fix on my hydraulic controllers have started leaking again. So I've no choice but break down and pay the ridicules price of $46 for 3 O rings and a bunch of paper thin plastic shims to rebuild my controllers. All of which should cost no more then $5. Ya I'm upset lol. Well as my garden continues so will this, updates to come.

Edited by BaumBaum, April 09, 2013 - 08:10 PM.

• twostep, Dieselcubmike and JRJ have said thanks

#2 JRJ OFFLINE  

JRJ
  • Member No: 16399
  • 876 Thanks
  • 1,170 posts

Posted April 09, 2013 - 08:59 PM

To start with-Nice looking tractor and a very nice plot to do you gardening.

Dick

• Craig. said thank you

#3 bja105 OFFLINE  

bja105
  • Member No: 10485
  • 196 Thanks
  • 191 posts

Posted April 10, 2013 - 06:23 AM

Yes, beautiful fence, too.  What are the dimensions of your garden?  How much space between the end of the rows and the fence?  Is that enough for you to turn around with a rear implement?

I like it.  Do you have deer problems with such a short fence?

• Craig. said thank you

#4 1978murray OFFLINE  

1978murray

diesel mechanic

• Member No: 2523
  • 598 Thanks
  • 1,163 posts

Posted April 10, 2013 - 07:37 AM

nice garden there.  To bad about the tractor

• Craig. said thank you

#5 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• 884 Thanks
  • 765 posts

Posted April 17, 2013 - 08:46 PM

Yes, beautiful fence, too.  What are the dimensions of your garden?  How much space between the end of the rows and the fence?  Is that enough for you to turn around with a rear implement?

I like it.  Do you have deer problems with such a short fence?

The fence is 56'X64' the garden itself is 54'X50' .. At the far end, plenty of room to turn around, but at the front, gate side, I have to ether do a 3 point turn or lift the implement back up then turn lol. I have about 2.5ft. between rows except for one down the middle which is about 4ft giving me room to get the lawn tractor through to the back side to mow. As far with the Deer its a 4' fence, and they have never jumped it, why I don't no. But they have tried pushing in on the gate, I cant figure that ether, how do they no that the gate is where you enter the garden? Do they stand at the edge of the forest during the day, watching me go in an out of the garden, and say to each other, Oh that's how you enter without jumping! After they go in tonight we'll try it.lol

• Alc said thank you

#6 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted April 17, 2013 - 09:05 PM

Geez, I loosened that bolt the day before you picked it up.  It should have fallen out a long time ago!  Bout time!!   :smilewink:

And you better fertilize that garden better this year.  Something is wrong if deere won't bother to jump over a short fence to get at your veggies.   :rolling: ........ Just jerking your chain!  :smilewink:

• Craig. said thank you

#7 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted April 18, 2013 - 08:48 AM

That is a good looking garden!!  Those Deer are not dumb and will use psychology on you. They will wait until you think you have them bamboozled and then strike without warning . They know all about stealth.  Not to spread the paranoia, but there are eyes in the night watching everything we do. Deer, Coon, Geese and all sorts of varmints think we plant these gardens for them?? But they are paitent, they will wait till the day your mouth is watering just thinking about the tasty treat you will have for supper tomorrow night, and then they strike.

Edited by JD DANNELS, April 18, 2013 - 08:50 AM.

• Alc and Craig. have said thanks

#8 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• 884 Thanks
  • 765 posts

Posted April 18, 2013 - 03:48 PM

Geez, I loosened that bolt the day before you picked it up.  It should have fallen out a long time ago!  Bout time!!   :smilewink:

And you better fertilize that garden better this year.  Something is wrong if deere won't bother to jump over a short fence to get at your veggies.   :rolling: ........ Just jerking your chain!  :smilewink:

I Had a feeling.lol

#9 maggiewaggie OFFLINE  

maggiewaggie
  • Member No: 33136
  • 34 Thanks
  • 36 posts

Posted April 23, 2013 - 08:29 PM

We finally had to put up an electric fence. The deer would eat everything except peppers.
  • Craig. said thank you

#10 maggiewaggie OFFLINE  

maggiewaggie
  • Member No: 33136
  • 34 Thanks
  • 36 posts

Posted April 23, 2013 - 08:34 PM

A Have-a-Heart trap got the raccoons and possums, and an occasional feral cat.. . .try picking up the cage or even opening it up with a furious cat in it!!
  • Craig. said thank you

#11 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• 884 Thanks
  • 765 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 08:03 PM

I was busy the past few days in the garden. I was able to plant potato's and carrots yesterday. 2010-05-15 19.33.15.jpg . Today I went to Big R and picked up and electric fence and installed most of it today.IMAG0645.jpg IMAG0646.jpg I put the wire both on top and bottom, for the small the big and them pesky climbersIMAG0647.jpg IMAG0648.jpg IMAG0649.jpg ..Start back to work tomorrow, so got to wait till next week to finish planting and finish hooking up electric fence.

• Alc and twostep have said thanks

#12 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted May 02, 2013 - 09:12 AM

Looks nice. I really like your MF.

Edited by twostep, May 02, 2013 - 10:31 AM.

• Craig. said thank you

#13 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• 884 Thanks
  • 765 posts

Posted May 14, 2013 - 09:51 AM

Well I finished the electric fence, working good, but didn't get to finish planting. Carrots & potatoes already coming up, So much yet to do. Hopping to finish up my next day off, Thursday. But I have Dr. App, that may slow me down a bit. My oldest informed me he wants to get married in our yard, so now the wife wants everything rebuilt, reprinted, fixed, act, act, act, I go to work just to heal up from my days off. Later got to get back to work. If I do anything I'll take pic's
  • olcowhand said thank you

#14 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted May 14, 2013 - 10:44 AM

The only true test for the electric fence is to pee on it.  That will also solve any prostate issues also!   :rolling:

But seriously, you keep a pretty place!  

• Craig. said thank you

#15 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• 884 Thanks
  • 765 posts

Posted May 16, 2013 - 09:36 PM

Well, finally everything lined up and I got my garden Planted YEA!!! I have today and tomorrow off, there was no rain in the forecast, and the sun was shining bright!! took me all day cuz I had a small interruption with a visit to Dr. to go over my blood work. (Which by the way was great, unlike my last visit, where everything was so high she said I was in grave danger of a heart attack, But today I'm ecstatic everything is great.) I finished up about 7pm.

IMAG0660.jpg IMAG0661.jpg IMAG0662.jpg IMAG0663.jpg IMAG0664.jpg

I will keep you up to date as it grows.