#1 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,073 Thanks
  • 1,444 posts

Posted October 14, 2010 - 07:20 AM

Hi guys been wondering if anyone knows how much fluid to actually add into these tires.I was just wanting to break the bead and pour in windshield washer fluid without having to pump it into the stem untill it reached the proper level.Larry

#2 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted October 14, 2010 - 07:38 AM

Larry,
The way I do it ,is to rotate the tire so the valve stem is up,and then fill up to the valve stem .That's the way I do it,it may not be the correct way.

#3 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted October 14, 2010 - 07:47 AM

Larry, I put 8 gallons of windshield washer fluid in my 26x12x12. That brought the level up to the valve stem with the valve stem up. You could put in more fluid but you need to leave some room for air or your tires will be to hard with no give. If your tires are tubless breaking the bead is a quick way to add fluid.

#4 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,073 Thanks
  • 1,444 posts

Posted October 14, 2010 - 07:47 AM

Thanks Guys,I've done my MF 175 when the tires went bad.I removed the tire fluid then then changed the tire's and pumped the fluid back in.I did a quick google check and one site says to add 8.3 gallons per tire.On another site it says they added 10 gallons and the fluid didn't come out of the stem sitting at 12 oclock.The other question what are we taking imperial gals or 4 liter jug.I guess it all depends on the brand of tire.Mine are the carlise turf so I'll wait to see if anyone has added fluid to this size and make of tire and take it from there.Larry

Edited by massey driver, October 14, 2010 - 07:53 AM.

#5 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,630 Thanks
  • 3,869 posts

Posted October 14, 2010 - 08:17 AM

I used Rim Guard on a pair of Nanco 21x10.50x12s and got 80 lbs total per tire and rim included Didn't weight before but a guess would be 25-30 for tire and wheel.
The 26x12x12s weighted 180 lbs. each when done. About 35 lbs. per empty. It,s basically beet juice and weighs 10 lbs/gallon. At $4.00 a gallon it run $160.00 with labor. They were filled laying on a 2x4 with the valve at the highest point to get maximum fill and 5 psi.
Think a Carlisle 26x12x12s would probably come in at 200 lbs. Has anybody filled a pair of those?
It really make a different in the way the tractors rides on bumpy ground. Real takes the jars out.
Filled another pair of 26x12x12s with 40/60 anti freeze and they came in at 140 lbs.
These I laid flat and poured in thur the broken bead

#6 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,637 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted October 14, 2010 - 08:56 AM

I got 11 gallons per tire in my Carlisle Supers. I pumped it in & it is slightly above the stem. When bead breaking & filling, you fill till the fluid touches the tire bead, and this will leave enough air space. You can figure between 10 & 11 gallons. I put in one part alcohol (ethenol) , 4 parts water. I also put in 1/2 gallon antifreeze per tire for the corrosion inhibitors. The Ethanol cost me $5/gallon, so with the antifreeze it cost me a total of around $16 per tire. Very cheap & very effective. Not as heavy as Rim-Guard, but close, and very economical. Most places won't sell the straight ethanol due to drug-heads making meth, but my tire guy even brings it to me...straight ethanol. If going to a tire store to get ethanol, take a large container with water in it for them to put the ethanol in. This way they know you're legit.

#7 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,073 Thanks
  • 1,444 posts

Posted October 14, 2010 - 01:09 PM

Thanks for all the reply's guys.I'll have to go buy about 20 jugs of the windshield washer fluid when it comes on sale and thats what I'll do is break the bead and fill to the bead like Dan mentioned.That should give the tractor enough weight for the snowblower.What I used to have was the wheel weights on it but have mounted them onto the GC 2300 .Larry