Garden Tractor Forums banner

Case Hydro Questions

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  dropped82 
#1 ·
I hope to catch someone that has lots of hydraulic knowledge as I don't. What I have is my 222. What I am wanting to do it adding the extra TCV to the circuit for the hydro Pto and having an extra lift circuit. Seems simple although I need the lift circuit to float and lock as it will be operating a 3 point lift cylinder. One problem I see with traditional plumbing is there will never be a low pressure side as it will be feeding the original TCV for movement and center lift control. So the float is pretty much gone. Anyone know how to plumb this to create a low pressure return for the lift side of the added TCV to create float and eliminate the possibility of blowing my 3 point cylinder in the freak chance my primary TCV needs higher pressure and it back feeds my secondary. Thanks in advance.

Eric

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk 2

#2 ·
Lot of people have made pto out of tcv. Not sure what you mean by back feed. You run off pump side with T fitting and T fitting in return line. Your tcv are open center the oil flows through freely till spool engaged.So you would have the low pressure lift side and high pressure travel side.

#3 ·
That answers some questions but raises others. I read over at another site that the TCV needs to be plumbed in line in a series with the factory TCV. The OE hydro pto was plumbed in a series if I remember right.

Eric

#5 ·
I read a good write up about this which is what sparked the questions. It said in order for the float to work you needed a low pressure return. The reason that float would not work is because the return is pressurized after the add on because of it going into the original valve. Which also needs pressure in order for the tractor to move.

#6 ·
JWC, or anyone else, can you post some pics of your Case's with the extra travel valve. I was thinking of mounting mine underneath with a handle setup that I can reach from the seat without turning around. I've seen some nice installs of a selector valve protruding thru the fender pan and am wanting something similar with a PTO engage handle and lift handle. If you have 4 Case's with this setup, it makes me feek more comfortable doing this knowing its been proven. Thanks everyone for the help and hope for some good pics.

Eric

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.