locke reel mower briggs power

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 brownboystoys OFFLINE  

• Member No: 6127
  • 107 Thanks
  • 130 posts

Posted April 07, 2013 - 09:02 PM

Hey got a great old Locke triplex mower. Heavy reels and a Briggs and Stratton engine with gear reduction. Mows good for the grass  I tried it in. Good paint. Needs a good Cleaning and a lot of the original pin strip is there. Has extra drive link and back lap crank. Asking $500.oo Unit is in workin order.Contact 717-359-7980 eveningDSC02519.JPG DSC02521.JPG DSC02522.JPG

• JRJ said thank you

#2 Bruce Dorsi OFFLINE  

Bruce Dorsi

Old, but not dead -- yet!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1525
  • 3,051 Thanks
  • 2,092 posts

Posted April 09, 2013 - 06:14 AM

Your Locke appears to be a 70" cut Plain Triplex model.  .....Plain referred that there was no reverse.  ....The 70" models had three 25" reel units.  ...The 75" models had a 30" front reel and two 25" wing reels.

Lockes were indeed the finest reel mowers ever produced.   ....Their quality exceeded anything available at that time.

It is sad there is so little demand for these mowers today, as rotary mowers have become the norm.

If you need some used parts, or more Locke mowers, let me know.

#3 jdanch OFFLINE  

• Member No: 70649
  • 4 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted May 14, 2015 - 06:16 PM

Does anyone know where I can find a Tractor Clutch Sprocket for a 75" reversible Locke.  The part number per the website is # 1563.    10 teeth with  inside diameter of 5/8"  2 keys on inside of sprocket.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

J Danch

Cleveland, OH

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: for sale, locke, reel, mower, briggs, power