• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Dave Central NY OFFLINE  

Dave Central NY
  • Member No: 27835
  • 106 Thanks
  • 92 posts

Posted April 07, 2013 - 02:51 PM

Well I started on the cab for the 1614 snowblower tractor.  I think it will work.

The first two pictures are of the angle iron frame work. some  3/16" angle iron from some computer tables I had laying around.  It already had the hinges welded on it for the door. Notice the dogleg in the right rear corner post.

The two rear legs use the bolt that fastens the fenders to the transmission tunnel. The front legs are bolted to a horizontal piece of angle iron which is fasten to the frame and extends out from the tunnel  It can be seen in the last picture.

The left side is covered with a piece of 1/2" plywood cut to  about the curvature of the fender. Did you know 1/2" CDX plywook is $20 a sheet now.  Both sides can be cut out of 1 sheet of plywood. The top must come from another $20  sheet.

The cab is entered thru the door on the right side.  The  left side is fastened solid. Notice the cab is offset to get around the Steering wheel and the crank from the snowblower spout.

This cab is not meant to be  tight,  it's only to keep the blowing snow off the operator. Dress warm.

The roof of the cab gives me about 3 to 4 inches of headroom.  I'm going to try to find some saftey  glass for the front so I can put a wiper on the cab.  Hobby Lobby has clean vinyl listed on it's website but I haven't checked on that either. The windows in the sides  will be as large as I can make them without  compromising the strength of the cab .  What you see is as far as I have gotten  so far.  I have more pressing things to do now.

Attached Thumbnails

• POWER KING TRACTOR S 001.JPG
  • POWER KING TRACTOR S 002.JPG
  • POWER KING TRACTOR S 004.JPG
  • POWER KING TRACTOR S 008.JPG
  • POWER KING TRACTOR S 003.JPG

• JRJ said thank you

#2 JRJ OFFLINE  

JRJ
  • Member No: 16399
  • 876 Thanks
  • 1,170 posts

Posted April 07, 2013 - 03:58 PM

That is looking good, you don't want to grow any more height wise or you won't fit in it. Are you man handling all that wood and frame work my yourself??

Dick

#3 John@Reliable OFFLINE  

John@Reliable

Procrastinators unite tomorrow

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 36
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,416 posts

Posted April 07, 2013 - 04:51 PM

Looking good, anything is better than nothing while blowing snow :thumbs:

#4 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted April 07, 2013 - 04:57 PM

That is looking great so far! It will keep you warm!

#5 Moosetales OFFLINE  

Moosetales

Always learning something!

• Member No: 8172
  • 1,088 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted April 07, 2013 - 05:23 PM

Hey, nice job. I love seeing DIY projects. Keep us posted as you progress.

#6 Arti OFFLINE  

Arti
  • Member No: 11282
  • 1,288 Thanks
  • 962 posts

Posted April 07, 2013 - 07:19 PM

Good start on a great project

#7 Dave Central NY OFFLINE  

Dave Central NY
  • Member No: 27835
  • 106 Thanks
  • 92 posts

Posted April 07, 2013 - 09:30 PM

I did take it off the tractor by my self.  There are 2 eyebolts on the roof, down thru the steel frame,  and right above the cab on the ceiling  a big eyebolt that I can lift a tractor from and stand it on end.  I hoisted it up off the tractor and rolled it out from under the cab then set it down on a pallet.  I' thinking maybe I should have bolted it together instead of welding it  to make it easier to store.

• Ryan313 said thank you