18 replies to this topic

#16 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted April 07, 2013 - 07:33 PM

I got things from 2 different people out there. Ben W. posted some of it from a guy in Ohio. He was going to meet me at Aaron's when I was there but it didn't work to meet. So he brought the stuff up to Indiana which Aaron stored for me til I got there.

Only the tiller, buzz saw, sulky, and Power Ho (with an engine but no attachments) I got from Aaron. A quite a few of you guys know him and would agree he's one of the nicest guys to deal with.

The guy from Ohio also was a great guy to deal with. He was glad that someone will get all that stuff fixed up (one of these days).

I just put it together, Nate.  Thanks for letting me share the end of the story!  I'm glad that you were able to get something worked out.  He seemed like a pretty decent man.  At least it's saved from the scrap pile, and I know it will have a great home at your place.

Those Clintons look great, they'll be a great addition to the collection.  Do they look runnable without too much work?  How's the Choremaster?

Ben W.

• Nato77 said thank you

#17 Nato77 ONLINE  

Nato77

Old Iron Junky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9422
  • 1,639 Thanks
  • 1,332 posts

Posted April 07, 2013 - 07:34 PM

I've been keeping my eyes open for a different tank but it just happens that one of the Power Hos i picked up has a tank that will work on a K90. The rims aren't original, but finding originals might be hard. Another thing I have to find is a air cleaner neck, actually I need to find 2 of them, the tiller and the versa matic both need one.

What do you guys think about the red paint on it? Do you suppose that ME had extra frames sitting around before FMC bought them out and Bolens just painted them green. I wouldn't think so but I'm trying to figure out why it was red first.

Did you try and start it yet? :D

I pulled the cord and it wasn't tight. Thats as far as I got with it. Need to get my Power Ho resto done before I play around with this one.

Been looking at the plow and I think it's for a 12A Power Ho. I need to take the extra iron off it and move parts around to see if it will work the way I think it will.

#18 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,695 Thanks
  • 17,206 posts

Posted April 07, 2013 - 07:45 PM

Not really sure whats up with the red paint.

As far as I know This tiller has nothing to do with ME as the branding was phased out by this time the tiller was made.

The tiller is 55 years old.... There could be a chance someone tried to "restore" it years ago with a custom red color and then later changed their mind and bought factory paint to cover up the red mess?

I guess we'll never know

#19 Nato77 ONLINE  

Nato77

Old Iron Junky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9422
  • 1,639 Thanks
  • 1,332 posts

Posted April 07, 2013 - 07:47 PM

Out of the 3 clintons the one on the tractor is suppose to be a runner. The other 2 are missing a bunch of parts. They'll end up on the shelf for now with the other one of these days engines. There was a NPR6 briggs in there to. It looks like it didn't have spark, got tore apart and thats as far as it got. Haven't decided on the choremaster yet. I might throw a 3hp briggs on it and then see what I think then. Its kinda the odd man out with all the bolens sitting around.