Garden Tractor Forums banner

Complete Restored T70

12K views 73 replies 23 participants last post by  Chris11 
#1 ·
Got this t70 from a friend, was painted red. I took it apart and started blasting every part.Removed diff and replaced bearings and seals.Axel bearings, relined brake shoes. turned drums, When sand blasting the frame i found that the bottom was all rotted out.The tubes had filled with water over the years and there was no way to repair then.So ended up making new tubes.They built them with BLACK PIPE . So off to hard ware store to get a 8 foot pipe. Set up in my bridgeport and drilled all the holes. set up on welding bench. blasted and painted.
1023101614_zps195ef711.jpg
panzer005.jpg
panzer006.jpg

See less See more
#10 ·
The hard part about restoring this machining the markings off the bolts bead blasting prime and paint every nut and bolt and parts. Im using A fleet paint called nason. 2 part paint goes on very nice.Will have this out in know time. I also had new decals made up. even for the engine plate.Panzer built all these tractors with fine treaded bolts. I had my decal guy put all the right numbers one it.

#26 ·
That is an awesome restore. Great job! I like the moons. Need some for the GTV.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.