5 replies to this topic

#1 8tyman8 OFFLINE  

8tyman8

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 5455
  • 414 Thanks
  • 731 posts

Posted April 04, 2013 - 10:45 PM

Ok my diesel project is Almost ready to start but the "new" fuel pump is not working they are sending another one but thats going to take a week or two to receive And i can't wait No way i can't wait that long to Start it for the first time the Engine is a kubota z482 2 cylinder diesel inline engine (one piston is at TDC when the other is Bdc ) my teacher is bringing another fuel pump tomorrow But its a Fuel injection (for a Gas engine 77 Wv beetle) pump At 44 psi and 30gph i am afraid that it will be to much pressure for the Bosch injection pump keep in mind this engine burns 400 ml per hour under load (Very little fuel) and the injection pump has a bypass to the tank but i don't think it will allow 30 gph past building pressure in the injection pump so i have a Pulse type pump (like on many lawn and garden tractors) but i don't know if it will work because there is no real Displacement in the crankcase as the pistons are in sync ... when ones up the others down and when the other down the others up .. kind of thing right ???

not going to sleep well thinking about this ..

#2 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,167 Thanks
  • 5,759 posts

Posted April 05, 2013 - 04:58 AM

Patience, "Grasshopper".

#3 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted April 05, 2013 - 05:23 AM

I think maybe you should wait until you get the proper pump. In the meantime check the tractor over, do the chassis maintenance, paint any parts that need it and finish off all the little details that tend to get forgotten on a project like this.

• Newpaws493 said thank you

#4 Arti ONLINE  

Arti
  • Member No: 11282
  • 1,288 Thanks
  • 962 posts

Posted April 05, 2013 - 06:47 AM

I usually use gravity to test a small engine..

Put a long fuel line on a small fuel tank, mount it above the motor, wala a low pressure fuel supply system....

• JRJ said thank you

#5 JRJ OFFLINE  

JRJ
  • Member No: 16399
  • 876 Thanks
  • 1,170 posts

Posted April 05, 2013 - 09:28 AM

Patience my man, patience, your replacement pump will be here soon.

Dick

#6 8tyman8 OFFLINE  

8tyman8

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 5455
  • 414 Thanks
  • 731 posts

Posted April 05, 2013 - 02:19 PM

I am going to wait ..so Today I  Filled the cooling up Before i forget finished up Tig welding some brackets and panted them i also made a Stack .

:loosing_it:

for the big test run (I don't like stacks....) but 4 bolts and it comes off and on goes the muffler also its Just for Giggles i also worked on the Electrical but than ran out of time i sure hope the pump shows up soon (like on Thursday next week for the Big big run on Friday )

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0086.JPG
  • IMG_0088.JPG

Edited by 8tyman8, April 05, 2013 - 02:20 PM.