Photo
- - - - -

Where Is Spring!

where is spring! jd.rasentrac

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 jd.rasentrac ONLINE  

jd.rasentrac

Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10327
  • 4,442 Thanks
  • 3,989 posts

Posted April 04, 2013 - 07:11 AM

fruehling.jpg    Seen in England :smiley-flag013:  

• daytime dave, Alc, HDWildBill and 4 others have said thanks

#2 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,419 Thanks
  • 39,669 posts

Posted April 04, 2013 - 07:39 AM

I'm asking that same question, Wolle! Supposed to get to 72*F here tomorrow! WooHoo!

• jd.rasentrac said thank you

#3 Arti ONLINE  

Arti
  • Member No: 11282
  • 1,288 Thanks
  • 962 posts

Posted April 04, 2013 - 07:47 AM

Thanks for the cool picture. 

There is a G T plow day scheduled for this weekend not far from here,, It's supposed to get in the 40's for the next couple of days so it might work out for them yet. We are way below normal temps in this area also.

#4 jd.rasentrac ONLINE  

jd.rasentrac

• Contributor
  • 4,442 Thanks
  • 3,989 posts

Posted April 04, 2013 - 08:17 AM

April 13th, we will preheat the LANZ tractor and test the LANZ threshing machine. And the weather forecast say, we will have max 50° F (10° C) - to cold to eat a Bratwurst (fried sausage).

And we'll get no early season potatoes and no asparagus this year - it's to cold! So

WHERE IS SPRING

Edited by jd.rasentrac, April 04, 2013 - 08:18 AM.

• Team_Green, Dieselcubmike and JRJ have said thanks

#5 backwoods OFFLINE  

backwoods
  • Member No: 8613
  • 2,060 Thanks
  • 2,434 posts

Posted April 04, 2013 - 08:26 AM

i got an email spring is running behind not sure when it will arrive temparialy on back order

• hamman, HDWildBill, jd.rasentrac and 1 other said thanks

#6 John@Reliable OFFLINE  

John@Reliable

Procrastinators unite tomorrow

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 36
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,416 posts

Posted April 04, 2013 - 08:27 AM

I'm looking for it too, the other day it hit 63º and the next day it was snowing some. :wallbanging:

I've had customers call about servicing their A/C systems, and I'm still getting no-heat calls , crazy spring  :thumbs: 

#7 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,627 Thanks
  • 2,582 posts

Posted April 04, 2013 - 08:35 AM

Just when you think winter is gone it sneaks back up and hits you right in the face. We still have about 24"  to 30" of frost in the ground here. I need it to warm up to york rake my drive so it will dry up. If anybody sees spring near you send her to northern Michigan ASAP!

#8 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted April 04, 2013 - 09:09 AM

Just when you think winter is gone it sneaks back up and hits you right in the face. We still have about 24"  to 30" of frost in the ground here. I need it to warm up to york rake my drive so it will dry up. If anybody sees spring near you send her to northern Michigan ASAP!

Frost in the ground is my last thought.. I have 12 to 16 inches of snow in the yard..  I'm wondering if this summer will be long enough for spuds and carrots to grow.. I hope so.. carrots and other veggies are needed here it makes up half of my dogs diet.. 

• hamman and jd.rasentrac have said thanks

#9 NJKen OFFLINE  

NJKen
  • Member No: 9515
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted April 04, 2013 - 09:34 AM

Just when you think winter is gone it sneaks back up and hits you right in the face. We still have about 24" to 30" of frost in the ground here. I need it to warm up to york rake my drive so it will dry up. If anybody sees spring near you send her to northern Michigan ASAP!

Frost in the ground is my last thought.. I have 12 to 16 inches of snow in the yard.. I'm wondering if this summer will be long enough for spuds and carrots to grow.. I hope so.. carrots and other veggies are needed here it makes up half of my dogs diet..

Your expecting something else ? Your the one who lives on the tundra !! Lol

Weather here has been weird, I keep expecting the last fire in the house. But I've had a fire going darn near every am.
It's very dry here too, planned on burning a bunch of old cedar fence today, that's on hold, it's a Red Flag day for burning outdoors. Hefty fine if you get caught burning. The forest fire guys are manning the fire towers in the southern part of NJ, and it so happens that one tower is about 3 miles from me. They'd spot smoke and send someone out to investigate. .
  • hamman and jd.rasentrac have said thanks

#10 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,627 Thanks
  • 2,582 posts

Posted April 04, 2013 - 09:42 AM

Ya I know it has me wondering about my choice of residence. I still have, in certain spots, about 18 24" of snow in the yard. As I look and ponder more I still see the projects and yardwork piling up. We use NG to heat with and it is relatively inexpensive recently. I still don't like the cold that much anymore. Have a good day time to go out and do some more work.

Weather here has been weird, I keep expecting the last fire in the house. But I've had a fire going darn near every am.
It's very dry here too, planned on burning a bunch of old cedar fence today, that's on hold, it's a Red Flag day for burning outdoors. Hefty fine if you get caught burning. The forest fire guys are manning the fire towers in the southern part of NJ, and it so happens that one tower is about 3 miles from me. They'd spot smoke and send someone out to investigate. .

#11 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted April 04, 2013 - 09:47 AM

March is usually the melt month.. not april.. I'm really concerned with the garden this year. Not sure if the ground will thaw soon enough to get the garden put in.. 

#12 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,612 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted April 04, 2013 - 10:13 AM

Supposed to hit 70 Saturday & Sunday finally, but no long range warm up just yet.  This weather is depressing....... and putting us behind!

#13 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,702 Thanks
  • 8,557 posts

Posted April 04, 2013 - 10:16 AM

It is starting to warm up here but every few days old man winter sneaks back in like today.  But this weekend it will be in the high 60's to low 70's.  Looking forward to the warmer temp's

#14 jd.rasentrac ONLINE  

jd.rasentrac

• Contributor
  • 4,442 Thanks
  • 3,989 posts

Posted April 04, 2013 - 10:42 AM

March is usually the melt month.. not april.. I'm really concerned with the garden this year. Not sure if the ground will thaw soon enough to get the garden put in.. 

Yep, normaly March is the melt month but this year, after snow is gone, it's so dry that we had the first forest fires - in April, when normally the ground is juicy and the plants becoming green.

#15 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted April 04, 2013 - 10:46 AM

Compared to last year it has been much colder here but pbobably more typical. I think it has only gotten above 10c-50F once so far this year. Today its colder than normal and we are supposed to get a storm starting as rain tomorrow night and then possible turning to snow on Saturday. High winds with it as well.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: where is spring!, jd.rasentrac