5 replies to this topic

#1 hamman OFFLINE  

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,519 Thanks
  • 2,551 posts

Posted April 03, 2013 - 12:44 PM

I have begun to think mother nature wants me to stay inside for a while longer. Projects keep piling up and warm weather seems to stay away longer. I have our son's 1986  Honda TRX 250 4wheeler back together after having it down for a few years. Had to repair the gas tank (steel) from rusting and fix the carb.. Repainted the back rack and will have it on today. He wants to the front rack next. He is going to do that starting tonight. I have it in the attached garage, with heat, which houses the wife's car and other things. I can't take the cold weather much anymore and don't have heat in the big garage. Once it warms up I will get the  Homelite T-16 H and the tiller finished and move on to the next one. Yard work is about 2 weeks behind and that is also piling up.

I will post some pics later of the Honda before it was put back together and after we got it runing and painted the back rack. Time to get back at it. Later. Roger. 

• JRJ said thank you

#2 KennyP OFFLINE  

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 27,617 Thanks
  • 38,996 posts

Posted April 03, 2013 - 01:12 PM

Mother Nature is wreaking havoc with my plans too. Supposed to warm back up starting tomorrow! We keep getting sprinkles, just enough to keep it moist out there. And I have no place inside to play! (as yet!)

• hamman said thank you

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted April 03, 2013 - 02:41 PM

I think most of us are feeling that way right now. I have a lot of stuff that has been shipped to me from the Seed Catalog orders.

The Berry Plants need to be in the ground, But last friday there was frost 4" below the surface. It's supose to be in the 50''s Highs the rest of the week and Rain Saturday and Sunday. No telling when it will dry out so I can get out and do some work?

• hamman said thank you

#4 Amigatec OFFLINE  

Collector of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5899
  • 2,023 Thanks
  • 3,172 posts

Posted April 03, 2013 - 04:59 PM

I have another project I need to gt to myself, but this weekend I HAVE to mow the grass.
  • hamman and backwoods have said thanks

#5 backwoods OFFLINE  

• Member No: 8613
  • 2,049 Thanks
  • 2,429 posts

Posted April 03, 2013 - 05:34 PM

i have shrubs that need to get moved some are leaving for good , more yard work then 3 homeowners should have but itll keep me busy when either im not in school or on days off

• hamman said thank you

#6 HydroHarold OFFLINE  

• Member No: 9622
  • 702 Thanks
  • 977 posts

Posted April 04, 2013 - 12:52 AM

Ma Nature has been perfectly on target for me...  It's my "life" that hasn't allowed me full access to what needs to be done out there before the grass greens up.  Looks like Saturday will be my first decent amount of time for cleaning up the winter's mess IF it don't rain or snow and by then the bugs will start... alas.:D