• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted April 03, 2013 - 12:39 AM

Is there a hobby your wife will put up with????  I feel blessed.. my wife will put up with many of my hobbies.. Starting in the spring i start cutting fire wood. mostly for wood stove use but that's cause i enjoy the fire and i'm cheap so i like saving a hundy or two per month on the Nat gas bill... summer comes and i am out in the woods looking for Sheds.. Moose and deer antlers. i usually take a dog or two with me. Then fall rolls around and i'm out hunting for a month.. Even after i fill my tags i'm out stalking to see where the deer are traveling. then shortly after that christmas comes so i am home till spring. and all over we go again. I did enjoy riding a motor bike till this past summer, that might be a time gone past now not due to the wife but due to my health. I may take up more fall time for bird hunting now that bike riding is out of the picture...

• hamman, backwoods, boyscout862 and 2 others have said thanks

#2 jd.rasentrac ONLINE  

jd.rasentrac

Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10327
  • 4,448 Thanks
  • 3,996 posts

Posted April 03, 2013 - 02:23 AM

No probs, but for dinner I have to stay at home :smilewink:  j/k

When we're travelling with the tractors or go fishing in Norway she accept it. Sometimes she visits me and then she rides her bicycle. That's not my way of locomotion...

But, when you're married a long time, you automatical share your hobbies - more or less :big_hug:

• hamman, boyscout862, Team_Green and 1 other said thanks

#3 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted April 03, 2013 - 03:01 AM

My wife loves wild game be it birds, deer, elk or moose, that kinda gives me the freedom to roam for hunting. 

• hamman, boyscout862 and oldedeeres have said thanks

#4 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,459 Thanks
  • 6,629 posts

Posted April 03, 2013 - 05:48 AM

My wife puts up with me gardening , we do get good food and it doesn't cost too much to grow but to be honest if I worked at a  part time job for the time I spend in there we could just go to  local farm stand , guess that;s why it's a hobby lol

• hamman, backwoods, boyscout862 and 2 others have said thanks

#5 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted April 03, 2013 - 07:06 AM

It's been my experience that they'll tolerate most of our junk and passions as long as it doesn't involve other women,

Note: Do Not engage the girl at the check out counter with eye contact or idle friendly chatter! :(

• Alc, twostep and Team_Green have said thanks

#6 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,631 Thanks
  • 3,922 posts

Posted April 03, 2013 - 07:31 AM

My wife never gripes at me - mostly because we never got married.  :smilewink:    Next month will be 19 years of "happily unwedded bliss".

She never complains about my collections of garden tractors, motorcycles, garden tractors, old cars, garden tractors,old engines, garden tractors, big tractors, or garden tractors. 

The other half has a bunch of crock jugs and she also collects shoes and purses like Imelda Marcos. 

I figure that makes us about even and I can't complain.

• backwoods, Newpaws493, Team_Green and 1 other said thanks

#7 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted April 03, 2013 - 09:24 AM

Actually there are two hobbies my wife and I do and have shared equally in.

#1 is the Garden and #2 is woodwrorking. The Woodworking has been put on hold since we moved 3 yrs ago and have not gotten the woodshop set back up.

• oldedeeres said thank you

#8 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,712 Thanks
  • 8,564 posts

Posted April 03, 2013 - 09:37 AM

My wife is pretty cool when it comes to my hobbies.  She gets out and rides with me in the milder spring and fall temps and she has always supported me in what every I have done even to the point of getting out there under a truck getting her hands greasy and dirty to start a bolt I couldn't get my fat paws into.

• twostep, Team_Green and oldedeeres have said thanks

#9 HydroHarold OFFLINE  

HydroHarold
  • Member No: 9622
  • 702 Thanks
  • 977 posts

Posted April 04, 2013 - 12:48 AM

I gotta say happily that my wife has completely avoided anything that remotely resembled a "hobby" for me..  Having a badbadbad back she avoids uneven ground (I'm safe outside!) and I avoid being in the house as much as I can!  We do get along great at our mutual hobby of making each other laugh though.

• twostep, Team_Green, LilysDad and 1 other said thanks

#10 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,879 Thanks
  • 3,202 posts

Posted April 04, 2013 - 01:12 AM

Seems we share our hobbies too; gardening, fishing, shed hunting, guns, reading (but I can't do those blood and guts mysteries she's into !) If one of us gets interested in something new, the other just naturally takes an intrest in it as well.

• Team_Green said thank you

#11 backwoods OFFLINE  

backwoods
  • Member No: 8613
  • 2,060 Thanks
  • 2,434 posts

Posted April 04, 2013 - 06:45 AM

me and my soon to be wife both love camping fishing cooking and bon fires she is into movies and tv big time me on the other hand i cant stand be traped in the house i love to be outside doing something while she watches her tv shows or movies that im not into so far things are working out good this way.

• twostep said thank you

#12 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,687 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted April 04, 2013 - 07:14 AM

Hobbies?!! Hey! My avocations are serious, important business! This isn't stamp collecting.

• John@Reliable, KennyP and Team_Green have said thanks

#13 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted April 04, 2013 - 07:57 AM

My wife and I share some and not others. BC (before children) we loved to go out on a long motorcycle ride and we still enjoy camping, fishing and 4 wheeling together. She is entertained by my gardening until harvest time. I still haven't broken her from looking at the GT's as ONLY a tool. She asks me "why do you NEED three tractors..." but then when I show her how I've traded, bought, and sold enough to pay for my toys she accepts it. I appreciate her keeping me in check though since she stays home with the kids and we only have one income.

• Newpaws493 and Team_Green have said thanks

#14 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted April 04, 2013 - 09:14 AM

Hobbies?!! Hey! My avocations are serious, important business! This isn't stamp collecting.

Well if it isn't stamp collecting what is it???   :poke:

#15 grnspot110 ONLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,396 posts

Posted April 04, 2013 - 04:39 PM

My wife never gripes at me - mostly because we never got married.  :smilewink:    Next month will be 19 years of "happily unwedded bliss".

She never complains about my collections of garden tractors, motorcycles, garden tractors, old cars, garden tractors,old engines, garden tractors, big tractors, or garden tractors. 

Maybe that's because she's afraid you'll leave her sitting in the middle of the street in a wheelchair with one arm in a sling!!!   :D  :D  :D   ~~  Lowell

• Gtractor said thank you