254 replies to this topic

#226 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• Member No: 7818
  • 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted February 01, 2014 - 09:37 AM

The heat actually comes back around my feet from the engine and surprisingly that little cab keeps quite a bit of the wind off me . Last winter it had no cab at all so this is very nice compared to that, ha,ha. The larger tires in the low range are a perfect match . I still had 1/4 more throttle left so I wasn't running wide open  , just enjoying going a little slower for the video. At full throttle it would have no problem pushing a full blade . The little tractor is mostly for show and will never get over 20 more hours . Even if I put a snowblower on the front of it I doubt it would be used much. Just fun to see it plowing snow.

• Craig. said thank you

#227 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted February 04, 2014 - 11:42 AM

Today the city snowblowers are trying to find our fire hydrant. 140 inches of snow and only 60 inches to go til spring. Winter is almost over , yippee !!

Attached Thumbnails

• aaatwoblowers.jpg
  • aaatwosnowblowers2.jpg

#228 gopher OFFLINE  

gopher

• Member No: 2755
  • 564 Thanks
  • 626 posts

Posted February 04, 2014 - 07:58 PM

That's a lot of snow Don. If they misjudge where that would really do a number on the blower. Just what kind of vehicles are those they both look like coot orientated?

#229 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted February 04, 2014 - 10:54 PM

WOW, that mini sure will push some snow!! It wouldn't look good but that thing would do work some with a FEL!

#230 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted February 05, 2014 - 11:22 AM

The other day we saw the Unimog snowblower stopped and the driver was replacing a shear bolt we think after he it a steel vertical marker . The hydrants have a 5 ft long rod and flag above each one to show the general area of them when they are buried underneath. It would not be pretty if that big blower did hit the hydrant at full throttle, ouch !

#231 Walkinman1 OFFLINE  

Walkinman1
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 34918
  • 713 Thanks
  • 552 posts

Posted February 05, 2014 - 11:22 AM

That's a lot of snow Don. If they misjudge where that would really do a number on the blower. Just what kind of vehicles are those they both look like coot orientated?

I know the bigger one is a Unimog, made by Mercedes. Pretty cool vehicles, basically a street legal cross between a farm tractor and a truck. My village has two of em although I have no clue why, only ever seen em use the one with the snowblower. I timed it once, it can fill an 18 wheeler dump truck with snow in less than 45 seconds :D

#232 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted February 18, 2014 - 05:45 PM

No new projects in the workshop , too cold and too expensive to heat until it warms up above 32. But I did move 4 inches of new snow this morning in my front yard. 150 inches so far and more in the forecast for Thurs. My little garden tractors with blades are kinda done as the piles get taller. Even the mini loader is almost done for the winter . But the little jd 455 Diesel with the 47" blower is now taking over and doing a wonderful job. My $100.00 cab is working great too.

Attached Thumbnails

• aaasnowpile.jpg
  • aaasnowpile2.jpg

• Craig. and EricR have said thanks

#233 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted February 19, 2014 - 09:38 AM

I assume you don't let the snow pile that deep on the roof, right? how do you get it off of the roof? shovel?

#234 gtcsreg OFFLINE  

gtcsreg
  • Member No: 25875
  • 1,665 Thanks
  • 1,646 posts

Posted February 19, 2014 - 10:44 AM

Here you go :

Don, Not only is that about the coolest GT ever built you operated that like a true Pro!  Good job.

• bgkid2966, JoeMopar and petrj6 have said thanks

#235 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted February 22, 2014 - 12:50 PM

We woke up this morning to 10 inches of new snow now putting us at 165 inches of snow for the winter. I think I am the only one in Gaylord excited to see if we can hit 200 inches, ha,ha.  Here is a picture I took this morning in the driveway.

Attached Thumbnails

• aaasat4.jpg

• Craig. and bgkid2966 have said thanks

#236 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,509 Thanks
  • 3,908 posts

Posted February 22, 2014 - 01:08 PM

With a great snow removal rig like that blower and cab. I can see that it is still fun to move snow. It is interesting to see your snow. Have fun and thanks for sharing.

#237 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,805 Thanks
  • 2,216 posts

Posted February 22, 2014 - 02:23 PM

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!  I am an excellent fabricator and have a great imagination, there is nothing I will not tackle or at least try but that articulating modified gt in mind blowing.  unbelievable!! amazing!! awesome!! 

The only thing I will ask is how long did it take and how much $$ invested.

Also what did you start with? is it 4x4?

#238 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted March 28, 2014 - 11:09 AM

Thanks , It took me several months to complete . I used a 4x4 steiner mower frame and axles. I extended the front and the rear frame sections so the duel wheels would not hit when turning . then I proceded from there. The 8 new tires and rims were pricy and the mower was pricy too. So if a person could find these two items cheap you could get out of it more reasonable.

• bgkid2966 said thank you

#239 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted March 28, 2014 - 11:15 AM

Finally made it back to the workshop yesterday . Gaylord is now at 170 inches of snow and no sign of it letting up yet. I'm tired of plowing snow , ha,ha. Yesterday I decided to get some use out of the other two tires and rims from the Steiner . I welded spindles on the end of a piece of 2.5 inch pipe and mounted 4 bolt hubs. The center of the rims were too small so I had to use the plasma cutter to enlarge the center holes. I mounted a seat post and started on the front and rear hitch . I will add a platform for my feet and put some little fenders on it too. Then I can use it behind my walkbehind snowplow or behind my garden tractors to pull my grandson or wifey. :wave:

It seems so good to be welding and cutting metal again .

Attached Thumbnails

• aaaproject.jpg

#240 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted March 29, 2014 - 09:37 AM

Todays workshop progress on the sulky you can see the first fender cut out , knotched and bent . I am holding a piece of 18 ga. sheet metal getting ready to start marking out the second fender . Still doesn't look like much but should improve in a few days . So far a fun little project.

Attached Thumbnails

• aaasulky.jpg