6 replies to this topic

#1 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 884 Thanks
  • 765 posts

Posted April 01, 2013 - 10:51 PM

Just after I got my newly restored I had to build me a grader to help me crown my driveway. Mind you I never seen a grader except on the big tractors on the farm, nor did I make use of the internet to view pic's of graders on garden tractors. After you see the pic of it, you'll agree, I should of done my homework lol.IMAG0597.jpg   IMAG0598.jpg After I got done building it, but not yet trying it out, I sent a pic off to Daniel, I was kinda proud of it. Well he emails me back and states, Ive never seen a grader that far back from the tractor! I emailed him back and said is it going to cause me a problem that far back? He emails me back just two words "YOU'LL SEE"

Honestly, it never dawned on me that the grader, being so far back, that when my front tires go over a small bump or drop in a small hole, the grader would rise and fall 2 to 3 feet lol, it was absolutely worthless! So I put it away 2 years ago vowing to fix it one day.

So this afternoon I pulled it into my shop and started cutting it up to shorten it just a bit. :-) IMAG0599.jpg

IMAG0600.jpg IMAG0601.jpg Daniel you thought your benches were cluttered IMAG0602.jpg IMAG0605.jpg IMAG0606.jpg looking at this pic I realize I've been welding all afternoon next to 14 gallons of gasoline just 3 feet from me. Safety First! I quit when the wife came in and told me it was bed time so I packed it in and called it quits, I'll finish up tomorrow.

Well its tomorrow finished welding on A frame IMAG0607.jpg  IMAG0608.jpg Sprayed some paint took some pic's. All finished up! IMAG0609.jpg IMAG0610.jpg IMAG0611.jpg IMAG0612.jpg Much shorter and far more manageable! Im Happy :-)

Attached Thumbnails

• IMAG0606.jpg

Edited by BaumBaum, April 02, 2013 - 04:22 PM.

• Alc, jd.rasentrac and JRJ have said thanks

#2 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,519 Thanks
  • 39,737 posts

Posted April 02, 2013 - 04:24 AM

Not everyone can grade the last county they just went through! LOL Good luck with the redesign!

• Craig. said thank you

#3 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,459 Thanks
  • 6,629 posts

Posted April 02, 2013 - 05:32 AM

I built one out of a snow blade and wasn't all that happy with it either Hope your's will be better once your done reworking it

• Craig. said thank you

#4 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,632 Thanks
  • 3,922 posts

Posted April 02, 2013 - 05:55 AM

Looks great to me in long form - I'd extend a framework out the back about the same length as the front and put wheels [and some weight] on the very back.  You could control the height with the tractors hitch and then it would work just like a road grader. 

Anyhow,  good luck with the conversion.  Let us know how it works.  :wave:  

Edited by Gtractor, April 02, 2013 - 06:38 AM.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#5 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,806 Thanks
  • 7,547 posts

Posted April 02, 2013 - 10:25 AM

Gtractor is correct just put wheels behind it and it should work like the old towbehind graders. Good Luck

• Craig. said thank you

#6 JRJ OFFLINE  

JRJ
  • Member No: 16399
  • 876 Thanks
  • 1,170 posts

Posted April 02, 2013 - 12:04 PM

If you don't succed the first time, try again.

Dick

• Craig. said thank you

#7 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 884 Thanks
  • 765 posts

Posted April 02, 2013 - 04:25 PM

I built one out of a snow blade and wasn't all that happy with it either Hope your's will be better once your done reworking it

That's exactly what I did with this one. I just came in from tested it, Much better. Tks 4 ur comment!