Does someone make a pill to cure this?
Posted October 10, 2010 - 10:44 PM
I picked up a '67 1050 this weekend. The engine was recently rebuilt, but runs rough. PO suspects the carb is the issue. I got it home and it refused to turn over after 5 minutes of trying to get it to start. Turns out the solonoid quit, so I'll try to source one of those sometime soon. Overall, I still think I did well. Three bills got me wheel weights, chains, hydraulic lift, deck, blade, and snowcaster. It also came with a thick binder with all manuals, sales brochures, and the original reciept (just under $1200 in 1968)! Pictures will be coming as soon as I get the time to fiddle with it (so probably this time next year :-)
Posted October 11, 2010 - 04:22 AM
Posted October 11, 2010 - 05:34 AM
Posted October 11, 2010 - 07:05 AM
Posted October 11, 2010 - 07:17 AM
Cant wait to see the pics!
Posted October 11, 2010 - 07:19 AM
Posted October 11, 2010 - 03:49 PM
It does sound like you got a good deal on a great machine. Looking forward to the pics too
Posted October 11, 2010 - 04:06 PM
Posted October 11, 2010 - 10:45 PM
Posted October 11, 2010 - 11:14 PM
Sounds like you got a great deal, basically paid for the accessories and got the tractor for free. It does get addicting. Welcome to GTT.
I would have been willing to pay that much for the wheel weights and the hydraulic lift, so I was happy to have all the other stuff thrown in too. I'll start putting some of the accessories on CL someday, as I have many duplicates.
I have yet to figure out how to post photo's in my gallery, but I uploaded a shot of the corner of my garage reserved for Bolens to my flickr account:
The Bolens Corner | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Since the starter is busted on my 800 and I have to use a rope, I found it was easier to just ditch the hood. Visibility is so much better I'm thinking of doing the same on my Ariens.
I got 5 minutes to mess with the 1050 today. Hit the starter relay with a hammer a few times and got it working again, at least for now. The engine will not catch even with a dreaded shot of ether, so it must be an electrical problem. The point gap is correct, but I didn't check the timing. I'm not sure if it ever ran right since the rebuild, so I suspect there is some small issue I need to resolve and then it should fire right up. Let's hope it is as simple as a spark plug. Never is though...
Posted October 20, 2010 - 04:27 AM