LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,646 Thanks
  • 7,675 posts

Posted April 01, 2013 - 08:02 PM

I went to the L&G Store today to order a Gat'r blade for my WB Snapper. The Snapper isn't new but it is in like new condition. The blade that came on it has no suction at all. If I run over a piece of paper it wouldn't pick it up! Well the catalog didn't even list a blade for it. There are only three 21 inch Gat'r blades for Snapper. I have to take mine in and see if they can match it. I guess I thought Snappers were the same forever.

#2 oldtimer OFFLINE  

oldtimer
  • Member No: 10588
  • 374 Thanks
  • 339 posts

Posted April 03, 2013 - 07:25 AM

Gator hasn't always had all  blades, but I think they are trying to eventually get around to it.  Good luck!

#3 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,646 Thanks
  • 7,675 posts

Posted April 03, 2013 - 02:03 PM

I found the part # on the 'net. Oregon 96 620. Called the shop and had them order it.

#4 HydroHarold OFFLINE  

HydroHarold
  • Member No: 9622
  • 702 Thanks
  • 977 posts

Posted April 03, 2013 - 06:50 PM

I have a '96 Snap WB and 3 different blades.  The Snapper Ninja System mulching blade, the "regular" flat blade and a Gator.  If you had no lift with the regular blade there are "wings" that can be attached to the end of the blade by bolts to add "lift" and they surely DO!  Like night and day! 

I got my Gator from Agri Supply http://www.agrisuppl...eq100000001253/ and the wings directly from a Snapper dealer.  I also added Snapper's remote air intake system to mine.  It's an accessory hose with an adaptor that fits over the OEM filter cover.  The hose routes up along the handle on the right side to just below the engine safety brake bail.   This adds waaaay longer time between air filter changes and it's paid for itself over and over.  If I remember right it was about $16 via a Snapper dealer.

• LilysDad said thank you