#1 BTS OFFLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11851
  • 2,735 Thanks
  • 1,729 posts

Posted March 31, 2013 - 10:32 PM

Well i got the Kubota ready for mowing today, i put on the turf tires and got the mower greased and mounted. I am going to take the tractor and mower to the car wash and clean up both of them. I bought this tractor / mower / and ect a few mounths ago. The guy who had it last never cleaned up the mower at the end of the season, it had a lot of leaves / grass and dirt under the cover, the paint is all flaking off and it's starting to rust!. Looks like i will half to clean off the rust and repaint it. But i will leave that for another day, the grass is getting pretty tall, looks like i will start mowing next week.

What do you use to mow?. Tractor? Garden / Lawn Tractor ? Or Lawn Mower?

Post pictures of your machine!!!

My other mower is a cheaper John Deere STX46 (46" cut) I would like to upgrade to a higher quality, but i will wait until one comes around at the right price.

Attached Thumbnails

• Kubota Mower 009.JPG
  • Kubota Mower 013.JPG
  • Kubota Mower 018.JPG

• daytime dave, boyscout862, Newpaws493 and 1 other said thanks

#2 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted April 01, 2013 - 06:52 AM

Seems early to us up here but I see the green grass starting to pop up in the background of your pics. That should clean up real nice. That mower looks heavy and well built!

#3 BTS OFFLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • 2,735 Thanks
  • 1,729 posts

Posted April 01, 2013 - 08:59 AM

The grass is coming up around the edges, but I need to do some work on our yard, we live out in the country on 3 acres, we've been doing a lot of work geting everything cleaned up for the past couple of years. Been driving large tractors and vehicles / trailers around hauling off junk, so a lot of our yard doesn't have grass anymore. We've planted grass a couple times but it's hard to get a large area of grass to start in a drought!. Hopefully we will get more rain this year, it's already a lot wetter then last year. We also mow our neighbors lawn, she to has 3 acres and the whole 3 acres is a really nice lawn. Her yard will need to be mowed next week. I'm looking forward to using my new (new to me) tractor and mower.

The mower does seem pretty stout! I hope it holds up in the years to come.

I do wish the loader was quick connect, i thought about putting quick couplers on the hydraulic lines, so then i could pull out the loader pens and take it off that way?

For now i am going to remove the loader bucket, that will shorten the tractor up a foot or two.

#4 JRJ OFFLINE  

JRJ
  • Member No: 16399
  • 876 Thanks
  • 1,170 posts

Posted April 01, 2013 - 09:50 AM

Looks as though you are ready to do some serious mowing.

Dick

#5 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted April 01, 2013 - 10:00 AM

That's a  nice looking set up.  I'll have a bit of time here before I mow.  Thanks for the photographs.

#6 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted April 01, 2013 - 11:02 AM

Your a little ahead of me too!! I still have not taken off the Chains and Rear Blade. I'm not convinced That it is done snowing yet??

Maybe Next Week?. The potatoes, Shallots, Garlic Strawberries and Blueberry plants have arrived, so I'm anxious to get in the garden.

But when I took a spade to the Garden Friday, I had 4" of Mud and then hit frost.

#7 BTS OFFLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • 2,735 Thanks
  • 1,729 posts

Posted April 02, 2013 - 07:21 AM

Well I guess I'm the only one that has grass growing lol.

It is also pretty muddy here, all of our garden plants are sitting here ready to go out, but it's still getting down to 28 about once a week.

#8 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,685 posts

Posted April 02, 2013 - 07:44 AM

Well I guess I'm the only one that has grass growing lol.

It is also pretty muddy here, all of our garden plants are sitting here ready to go out, but it's still getting down to 28 about once a week.

I topped the weeds yesterday.

#9 BTS OFFLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • 2,735 Thanks
  • 1,729 posts

Posted April 04, 2013 - 07:20 AM

Kenny, i figured you had to be getting close to mowing, my brother in law lives in Tulsa ( i believe he's a couple blocks from you ) and he's getting ready to mow.

Mowing seems early this year, but i guess its because we didn't get much rain last spring.

Thanks

#10 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,685 posts

Posted April 04, 2013 - 07:36 AM

The weeds are loving this weather. Since I mowed, the yard is getting greener! Probably more weeds!

#11 BTS OFFLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • 2,735 Thanks
  • 1,729 posts

Posted April 04, 2013 - 05:53 PM

It seems like the grass died in the drought and the weeds took over! well it at least gives us something to mow :dancingbanana: :D

#12 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted April 08, 2013 - 01:29 PM

Things have dried up and the grass is beginning to turn green up here. The Mower is still an after thought I'm alternating between the Tiller and middle Buster plow right now.