Garden Tractor Forums banner

Ff 20 Gets A 3-point

5K views 34 replies 14 participants last post by  KennyP 
#1 ·
Many thanks to Bob (bhts) for having this!!!!!!

I am now the proud owner of a complete factory 3-point for the FF. WOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!! It's a model 917.26290, serial 0511 B01441. I now have both hitches for this tractor. Wood Tool Metalworking hand tool Hand tool Musical instrument accessory
Bumper Font Gas Automotive exterior Wood

Tool Wood Ball-peen hammer Gas Auto part
Tool Wood Musical instrument accessory Bumper Gas

Now I'm ready to work this tractor and build some more attachments for my needs!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice score Kenny. Do you have attachments for it already? Thanks Bob!!

Reactions: KennyP
#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
Nice score Kenny. Do you have attachments for it already? Thanks Bob!!
Nope! But now I can either build some or find some. This will also help me finish the 3-point for the GTV (Big Bertha). I needed to 'see' the relationship between the lower arms and center link.

What are you going to build, Kenny?
For one, if I can find another 8" plow, I'd like to build a 2-bottom for it. As easily as it pulls the 10", I think it will pull 2 8" plows. I hope to make a short lift arm for moving things about. I plan to widen my box blade to 46-48" and fit it up for both 3-point and sleeve hitch. And the list goes on!

#8 ·
Awesome Kenny! Our sponsors do a great job of helping us keep our vintage GT's in shape and working. This is another great example!

#9 ·
Alan, the tractor is 20 miles away. But I'll be up there (Collinsville) today. We put the 75 lb. wheel weights on it yesterday, but I didn't have the camera.

Will, got to find another 8" plow first.

Brian, I'm very happy with the service I got from Bob (bhts) and I'm letting it be known! I'm glad he is a sponsor here and a part of the forum!

Reactions: IamSherwood
#11 ·
I am glad you found the 3-point hitch. I look forward to a pictorial explanation of the step by step installation. :smilewink: :watching_you: :tapping_fingers:

Geno
That will be easy, as the rock shaft is already on both tractors. All I have to do is take the sleeve hitch off, put the lower arms on and put the pin through the center link. All done except for the pics doing it. You'll have to wait for them! Hopefully this evening?

#12 ·
I will go ahead with the front weight box. If I make a lift arm/boom pole, I may need a bit more front ballast when moving things.

#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
Here's some pics of it mounted:

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Tread
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Locking hubs
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tread

Attachments

#16 ·
Good Stuff Kenny now you got both and looks like an easy switch from 1 to another
Only a couple minutes, Doug!

You're gonna want to make sure you put your tailgate up before

you leave, or you'll wreck it on that jack post.
I know, Will. Had to move the jack forward so the box would fit.

#18 ·
Looks good Kenny, glad the switch out is easy.

BTW, when you do the weigh box, make it easy to remove. .. No Pwr Steering.
You are right there, Alan. It was tough steering with that 100 lb blade up there. But some lube helped. The front box is going on the original blade mount. Just a matter of taking out some of the weight and remove 2 pins to take it off. Here's a link to post # 50 that shows the brackets bolted on for now! I haven't gotten any further with it as yet as I'm not sure how much I want to put in there. I have found some small pieces of expanded metal for filling the bottom and sides. It's all still in thought stage for now. I still want to try to make front wheel weights. I will see how much that adds before I finish the box. May not need much up there then.

#19 · (Edited by Moderator)
Kenny, build a frame for the 3 point to mount your sleeve stuff to and do so in such a manner as to keep it as close to the tractor as possible. You will never go back to sleeve style hitch again , you will just use your 3 point for everything.( Also will make rigging up 2 sleeve hitch plows very easy too) .

#21 ·
Kenny, build a frame for the 3 point to mount your sleeve stuff to and do so in such a manner as to keep it as close to the tractor as possible. You will never go back to sleeve style hitch again , you will just use your 3 point for everything.( Also will make rigging up 2 sleeve hitch plows very easy too) .
Keith, I plan to make that adapter before too awful long.

Nice hitch Kenny :thumbs: Will that work with the 60's style Sears 3 point attachments or just cat."O" ?
This is more Cat 0. The arms won't come close enough together for the 60's Sears 3-point implements to hook up.

#22 ·
This is more Cat 0. The arms won't come close enough together for the 60's Sears 3-point implements to hook up.
Kenny any chance you could swap the offset arms side to side to get them closer for the old style attachments if you ever get a good deal on some of thoses ? Not sure of your area but I've seen some of the Sears stuff around here at swap meets & cl Be nice to be able to use either ones

#23 · (Edited by Moderator)
Kenny any chance you could swap the offset arms side to side to get them closer for the old style attachments if you ever get a good deal on some of thoses ? Not sure of your area but I've seen some of the Sears stuff around here at swap meets & cl Be nice to be able to use either ones
Didn't think of that, Al. I have an 8" Sears 3-point plow, but it's a bit small for the FF. LOL It's the one I want to make as a two bottom 8" once I find another. I haven't seen very many early Sears attachments around, but haven't been looking very hard. Just getting the hitch has opened up a whole new world for attachments. I need some time to think of all the possibilities. So I do appreciate all you guys are offering here. Many options to consider!

Also, the way the lift links attach to the lower arms, I won't need the cross chains. The arms won't come close to the tires in any way. That's a plus.

Reactions: MH81
#25 ·
That 3pt looks great Kenny! Now you have a backup plow tractor,....just in case!
I'll get it prettied up. Right now, too much other stuff to get real involved with tractor projects. But I have it, that's the best part. And time to think about what to do next.

#26 ·
Kenny, great to see you getting a real three point on the FF. I'm curious about the twin 8 inch plow build. Aside from the fact that it is VERY cool to see one behind a tractor, why are you looking to do it? Has anyone every taken a full size plow and converted it to garden tractor use by removing all but one head? I'd think a larger 14 or 16 inch plow would give you width AND better depth for plowing.

Again, twin 8 inch plow-WAY COOL!

Practically though, why not just a full size plow?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.