sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted March 30, 2013 - 05:41 PM

I know a guy that has one, I am not needing one right now and he wanted more than I was willing to pay. If someone needs one to get one back up and going may be worth the price. Send me a private message if you are interested.
  • rustyoldjunk said thank you

#2 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted July 06, 2013 - 09:05 AM

I was selecting a ring gear to send Charles.....and noticed something that may be of help to us. One of the ring gears is not the typical Arrow ring gear......

It is a DANA ring gear. This is what is stamped on the ring gear:    2  4  63 DANA 17649 S1R38 31-6

Looks to be the same at the arrow gears.....not sure where I got this but think I picked it up on my trip to MO and KS back in February........maybe this gear will work with our GT's......and maybe we can find something else it was used in and therefore find another source for a ring gear.?????

Anybody know how to pursue this potential lead???

• olcowhand, rustyoldjunk and Texas Deere and Horse have said thanks

#3 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted July 06, 2013 - 11:11 AM

Has anyone compared this ring gear to that of the Cub Cadet?  You know how many manufacturers utilize what's already out there, so maybe another GT uses the same thing.....Powerking maybe?

#4 Gregshd OFFLINE  

Gregshd
  • Member No: 41871
  • 44 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted November 27, 2015 - 07:47 PM

I just pulled my T63 transaxle apart and it too has the Dana ring gear. Marked 3-7-63 (manufacture date march 7th 1963) 17649 S1R50 31-6. 31 means 31 tooth ring gear, 6 means 6 tooth pinion. This comes out to a 5.17 ratio.  Not sure what the S1R50 means. This part number comes up as being used on a Harley-Davidson golf cart from the 60's. Found a picture of a set online for the golf cart and the pinion is different than the Bush Hog pinion. I know you are supposed to use a matched set, but if nothing else is available one of these may get you back in operation.

• olcowhand, rustyoldjunk and sacsr have said thanks