• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,605 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted March 30, 2013 - 10:02 AM

Wasn't that simple after all Kenny. I should have moved the hubs first.

???????????????????

• Toolpartzman said thank you

#17 Toolpartzman OFFLINE  

Toolpartzman

Fun With Horsepower

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 7171
  • 468 Thanks
  • 1,280 posts

Posted March 30, 2013 - 10:10 AM

BAD IDEA---swapping tires/rims is a no-go, just pull the pins, shift hub wheel and all and away you go.

You can see a pin head (1st PIC) that runs thru the hub, all the way thru the axle-there's several holes, used to widen or narrow the rear wheel track. 2nd PIC shows after I moved it, the old drilling is visable.

P3290177.JPG P3290178.JPG P3290179.JPG P3290180.JPG

I managed to open the track a little over 5 inches which was perfect--everything fits except the driver needs a LOTS of practice--I graded up the front yard (not leved-graded-up ) and loaded that blade FULL of Arkansas gumbo and she never missed a lick---------WHAT a HOSS

:rolling:  :D  :smilewink:  :dancingbanana:  :dancingbanana: 

Edited by Toolpartzman, March 30, 2013 - 10:26 AM.

• olcowhand and KennyP have said thanks

#18 Toolpartzman OFFLINE  

Toolpartzman

Fun With Horsepower

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 468 Thanks
  • 1,280 posts

Posted March 30, 2013 - 10:14 AM

Those big 'ol rice-masher tires may not be so bad after--Its raining here and except for 1 root I hit, it criused right along..

If I ever want to head to the swamp for alligator,  I won't need a BOAT !!        :bigrofl:  :bigrofl:

• KennyP said thank you

#19 Toolpartzman OFFLINE  

Toolpartzman

Fun With Horsepower

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 468 Thanks
  • 1,280 posts

Posted March 30, 2013 - 10:21 AM

???????????????????

Daniel, the hub, as it turned out, needs to be removed--From the INSIDE!!! of the wheel, in order to remove the rim. After removing the "lug nuts" I realized that the bolts were threaded, thru the rim, then into the threaded flange (seen on outside of the wheel)

The nuts were just back-ups I guess. Stout, but weird. So after getting one loose, I tightened it back up and simply moved the entire assy.

• olcowhand and KennyP have said thanks

#20 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted March 30, 2013 - 12:39 PM

dont worry about the practice, it will come quickly. playing (read that as WORKING) with the blade is somethin i do a little ofevery week. Now I had not been on a real tractor in over 25 yrs when I got my Ford. I have 72 hrs on the tractor since September and i now feel like I pretty well have the hang of it.
  • KennyP and Toolpartzman have said thanks

#21 Toolpartzman OFFLINE  

Toolpartzman

Fun With Horsepower

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 468 Thanks
  • 1,280 posts

Posted March 31, 2013 - 06:35 AM

dont worry about the practice, it will come quickly. playing (read that as WORKING) with the blade is somethin i do a little ofevery week. Now I had not been on a real tractor in over 25 yrs when I got my Ford. I have 72 hrs on the tractor since September and i now feel like I pretty well have the hang of it.

You know you're hooked when you finally have a running tractor with a blade and HAVE to play in the rain and mud for a while. Getting the hang of the hydraulics/ tractor speed etc. will take a little time but finally, I had to quit--soaking wet, Mud covering me and the Yanny, but what a hoot. My large front yard needs some leveling, now its looks like I plowed it  :rolling:

• KennyP said thank you

#22 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted March 31, 2013 - 06:46 AM

Nice looking tractor :thumbs:  Keep practicing, before you know it you will be grading with your eyes closed (not recommended though).

#23 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,414 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted March 31, 2013 - 07:36 AM

Glad it was still a simple fix to widen the stance. Keep 'playing', that's seat time. It'll come to you. A little dryer conditions may help also,

#24 Oo-v-oO OFFLINE  

Oo-v-oO

• Contributor
  • Member No: 5162
  • 340 Thanks
  • 448 posts

Posted March 31, 2013 - 08:51 AM

Daniel, the hub, as it turned out, needs to be removed--From the INSIDE!!! of the wheel, in order to remove the rim. After removing the "lug nuts" I realized that the bolts were threaded, thru the rim, then into the threaded flange (seen on outside of the wheel)

The nuts were just back-ups I guess. Stout, but weird. So after getting one loose, I tightened it back up and simply moved the entire assy.

I think someone assembled it backwards. 

It looks like you should be able to remove the hubs and wheels from the axles, unbolt the wheels from the hubs, reinstall the hubs, then bolt the wheels onto the hubs conventionally, from the outside. If the lug bolts are tapered like a car or truck, I think you'll also need to swap the tires from right to left unless the wheel has coined seats on both sides. 

It would sure make removing the wheels a lot safer and easier next time you need to, especially if you get a flat somewhere like a mud hole where you'd need to crawl under the tractor to get at the lug bolts.  Also looks kind of goofy with the hubs on the outside.  :D

Edited by Oo-v-oO, March 31, 2013 - 08:54 AM.

#25 Toolpartzman OFFLINE  

Toolpartzman

Fun With Horsepower

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 468 Thanks
  • 1,280 posts

Posted March 31, 2013 - 05:05 PM

Oo--Oo, yes I see what you mean now. Neither the bolts nor nuts are tapered, with lock washers under the bolt-heads. and there is no "centering aid" for the rim. I'll check to see if there is one on the

outside.  Neither side of the hub has any centering "ridge" or socket, so its strange all right.

Edited by Toolpartzman, March 31, 2013 - 05:26 PM.

#26 Oo-v-oO OFFLINE  

Oo-v-oO

• Contributor
  • Member No: 5162
  • 340 Thanks
  • 448 posts

Posted March 31, 2013 - 06:35 PM

I did a Google image search for your tractor model and it shows all of them with the hubs like so:

yanmar-ym1401d,f01y106683001_14.jpg

I guess your hubs are on backwards. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hd grader blade, yanmar