Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
Wanted

Transmission Needed For A Bolens Husky

wanted needed bolens husky 10 bolens husky 1050 tractor needes old 1969 fmc tubeframe

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ccsmallenginerepair OFFLINE  

Ccsmallenginerepair
  • Member No: 31777
  • 3 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted March 29, 2013 - 06:11 PM

I need a new transmission for my bolens husky 1050 1969. All the gears are ground up and there was about a half of of metal grindings on the plate. Not good! I also have a 2 broken teeth and a broken linkage so it need a lot. Anyone have a spare I'm in ct.

#2 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted March 29, 2013 - 09:10 PM

Welcome aboard! :wave: Sorry to hear bout the troubles with your 1050. Did it come to you that way? Ya might wanna check with a couple of the site sponsors. I'm pretty sure some of the Bolens guys'll check in at some point with more leads. Good Luck and keep us updated.

• MH81 said thank you

#3 Ccsmallenginerepair OFFLINE  

Ccsmallenginerepair
  • Member No: 31777
  • 3 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted March 30, 2013 - 06:54 AM

Welcome aboard! :wave: Sorry to hear bout the troubles with your 1050. Did it come to you that way? Ya might wanna check with a couple of the site sponsors. I'm pretty sure some of the Bolens guys'll check in at some point with more leads. Good Luck and keep us updated.

Hey. When I had bought this tractor I didn't look at the transmition right away so I'm guessing it didnt come broken, but most likely came worn like it was. When I was going uphill I felt a the tractor jerk and when I made it to the top, it got stuck and didn't move but bogged down the engine and stalled it. It did the same thing every time I released the clutch untill i took it out of 1st then it was fine. A few days later I put it in revers ( the same shaft as 1st ) and it locked up and bogged down the engine. When I opened it I found a broken linkage and a broken tooth. Now I am assuming one broken tooth lead to the other because the do not line up, then a broken tooth lead to the broken linkage. I will try one of the sponsors thank you
  • Newpaws493 said thank you

#4 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted March 30, 2013 - 08:19 AM

Sounds like you know your way around these machines, thats a big plus...I wonder if this thread should be in Bolens section? MODS

• MH81 and Ccsmallenginerepair have said thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wanted, wanted needed bolens husky 10, bolens, husky, 1050, tractor, needes, old, 1969, fmc tubeframe