FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 610
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted October 09, 2010 - 08:07 AM

Hey guys, does anyone know where the seat pans for the original Massey seat's, can be recovered and done nice? I am talking about the two part seat pads. I have one seat that is super trashed, but the pan's and frame can be rebuilt still. It really needs new padding and covers. Someone had it done with red piping on the seams, but I forgot who... I would like to reproduce that look.

#2 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,289 Thanks
  • 28,622 posts

Posted October 09, 2010 - 10:44 AM

There is a local place here called FAB TRIM SHOP. They don't seem to have a website, but their PH # is (814) 336-1070. There is probably a place closer to you, do a google search for reupholstering or furniture repair. Especially if it mentions car seats. Good luck.

#3 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• Member No: 82
  • 176 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted October 09, 2010 - 11:00 AM

i found a guy who will do mine for around $60 in the slow season. youre talking about the high back hydro seat. the single piece ones he said would be about 50. vinyl of course.

#4 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted October 09, 2010 - 04:20 PM

I had mine redone on my 66 MF10 by a friend, I made new seat pans as the old ones were rusted out.
I have 3 different styles of the 2 cushion seat, low back, taller back and the adjustable back. All 3 seats use the same size and shape pans just different bends and nut hole locations in them.
IamSherwood on mtf redid his with piping and they look sharp.

#5 DMF OFFLINE  

DMF

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1337
  • 10 Thanks
  • 285 posts

Posted October 13, 2010 - 10:33 AM

Not sure if you want to travel up to Palmer, but Park Auto Trim will work with you, 413-283-3191. They did the seat on my IH 1450 for me and I have had them recover several truck seats as well as a custom overhead console that I built for one of my trucks. The guy is a little goofy when you first meet him, (his first impression is that he is kind of scatter-brained) but he is really a nice guy and he does some awesome work.
Good luck!

#6 FirefyterEmt OFFLINE  

FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 610
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted October 14, 2010 - 04:47 PM

Good point! I have used them in the past when I ran the body shop out in Sturbridge. I may need to give them a ring to see what they will charge.