Anybody Bought From A1biofuel.net?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Curtludwig OFFLINE  

• Member No: 31749
  • 2 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted March 29, 2013 - 11:45 AM

First off a big hello from a new guy. I'm so glad to find this forum. I've got a Cub Cadet 70 with a tired Kohler k161. I've looked into rebuilding but for just a little more money I realized I could repower and get MORE POWER and move into diesel. Other forums I mentioned this idea on seemed to look at me as a lunatic.

I've got a couple old (currently a '78 and an '84) Mercedes-Benz diesel cars so I'm comfortable with burning oil and already have experience with getting 'em to start in the cold.

Anyway it looks like a1biofuel.net has about the best price you could ask for on the 10hp China diesel clone. It would also appear that they know what they're talking about with their manifold heater. Previous versions showed a glowplug just sticking into the manifold not doing a whole lot. I figure if its real cold I'll get one of those magnetic block heaters and warm everything up before starting. It doesn't get tremendously cold here but we do occasionally hit -20F.

The eventual plan is to build a little front end loader around this tractor. I already bought the plans, it looks pretty simple but I figured I should get my re-power worked out before going any further.

So for now its mostly a pipe dream as I haven't been able to rustle up any cash for this project, or rather every time I do something comes up. It looks like my cash flow might be improving in the near future so I'm planning ahead a bit more. Keeping myself on super-economy measures for now to help with purchases in the future.

• Toolpartzman said thank you

#2 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,654 Thanks
  • 8,527 posts

Posted March 29, 2013 - 11:57 AM

Welcome to GTtalk.  We have a few members that have experience with diesel's, they should be along before long.

#3 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,149 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted March 29, 2013 - 12:29 PM

No experience in the subject, but from one Mass. guy to another; :welcometogttalk:  Keep us up to speed as the project moves forward and.... :wewantpics:

#4 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

• Member No: 11127
  • 1,325 Thanks
  • 1,509 posts

Posted March 29, 2013 - 12:29 PM

Hi and welcome to Gttalk :wave: Got any pics of the 70?

• Member No: 16399
  • 876 Thanks
  • 1,170 posts

Posted March 29, 2013 - 12:36 PM

welcome to GTTalk, enjoy your visit and like mentioned-these guys sure like there pictures and besides it help to explain the problem and the solution to it.

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted March 29, 2013 - 12:48 PM

Welcome to GT Talk! I am not familiar with that site but will check it out. I have bee sold on diesel since I had a VW Rabbit diesel.
Just got a Ford 1500 in September and in 72 hrs it has averaged 1/2 gal per hour.
Have yet to seriously researched the bio-fuel thing But am a believer in doing as much as possible, for this country to be independant of outside fuel sources. Iowa being a major ag producer I am seeing more and more bio-fuels available.

#7 superaben OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted March 29, 2013 - 12:57 PM

Welcome to GTTalk!

I'm not familiar with A1 Biofuel, but do keep in mind parts.  Chinese engines not all bad, but if you ever need support or a component, make sure you know how you will get it.  From experience, some of them are hard to find parts for!

Ben W.

#8 backwoods OFFLINE  

• Member No: 8613
  • 2,049 Thanks
  • 2,429 posts

Posted March 29, 2013 - 01:45 PM

welcome to the forum! pics of the 70 would be cool

#9 JDBrian OFFLINE  

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted March 29, 2013 - 03:32 PM

Welcome to GTtalk! Not sure about that vendor but the Launtop brand of engines are well regarded as clones go. 

#10 jd.rasentrac OFFLINE  

Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10327
  • 4,380 Thanks
  • 3,961 posts

Posted March 29, 2013 - 03:52 PM

and many success for your new Diesel experiences. But if you want a Diesel, purchase a quality product - and I don't believe that chinese build quality engines!

#11 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,361 Thanks
  • 3,129 posts

Posted March 30, 2013 - 06:37 AM

Welcome to GTt . don't let anyone talk you out of it!! The diesel experience is incredible and they are incredibly fuel efficient.
I see your just the next town over too? I've got plans for some gt fun this year so get that rig going !!

That 10 HP diesel is a thumper !! It should work wonderfully !!

Edited by skyrydr2, March 30, 2013 - 06:57 AM.