• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rustyoldjunk OFFLINE  

Has anybody seen my coffee ?

• Member No: 325
  • 2,353 Thanks
  • 1,210 posts

Posted March 28, 2013 - 11:13 PM

Even though the guy told me it ran when i got it,i was surprised when it did start right up for me.He told me it had a tank leak and he wasn't lying.It leaks it about as fast as you put it in.So i pulled the tank today and WOW was it full of rust (glad it has a filter in the line).Now i have to decide if its worth cleaning and fixing or should i look for a replacement.

Attached Thumbnails

• march 28 2013 002.jpg
  • march 28 2013 001.jpg
  • march 28 2013 003.jpg

• boyscout862 said thank you

#2 Alc ONLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,278 Thanks
  • 6,482 posts

Posted March 29, 2013 - 05:49 AM

That's too bad a bout the tank but like you said the seller said it leaked , think some of the members used a tank coating kit so hope they will give you some suggestions on which way to go .

#3 superaben OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted March 29, 2013 - 07:03 AM

What size is the tank?  I've got one off a Tecumseh H60 that looks about like yours, but it reeks old gas and full of junk.  As far as I can tell, its solid, though.  Its been inside all its life.  I imagine a good electrolysis and/or sealer would straighten it out.  It might be better to fix than yours.  You can have it for the shipping: I can measure it for you.

If someone has a better one, go with them just because I'm assuming a lot about this tank.  This could be a "last choice" resort.

Ben W.

• GT5k6spd said thank you