#16 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,212 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted March 30, 2013 - 06:20 PM

Who makes 10-ply tires in 26-12-12?  I've found some 8-ply Deestones, but I wouldn't mind a pair of 10-ply tires if I stay at 26-12-12.

Danged nice looking 20D there Sam.  I REALLY need to get the hood decals on mine.  It would sure look better with them.

If/when you replace the dash make sure to et one of the metal ones.  The 20D uses the same dash as the other tractors and has even the slot for the choke lever, but the decal just covers that up. 

Well the back on mine is 12 ply not 10 ply the front tires are 10 ply

#17 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted March 30, 2013 - 06:33 PM

Well the back on mine is 12 ply not 10 ply the front tires are 10 ply

So, where did you get them and what brand and size are they?

I'm going to need all new tires on the 1886 Forklift, and the higher the load rating the better.

#18 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted March 30, 2013 - 07:19 PM

That's a great looking tractor.  Those ags look perfect on it.  I'm glad you like them.

#19 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,212 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted March 30, 2013 - 08:53 PM

So, where did you get them and what brand and size are they?

I'm going to need all new tires on the 1886 Forklift, and the higher the load rating the better.

I'll have to look and see what brand they are I got them at the tire place in town and they are 26x12x12.

#20 Oregon_Bolens OFFLINE  

Oregon_Bolens
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 30153
  • 149 Thanks
  • 171 posts

Posted December 04, 2013 - 10:33 AM

i love the hydos on this tractor it has hi & low and the power angleing blade is nice also. my grounds keeper also hase the power angleing blade and that was the first tractor i bought that had it and now i dont even bother with the 1050 or 1250 when it comes to pushing dirt/snow. they both have hydo lifts but not power angleing blades... i cant beleave they never made one for the 1250's and 1455's they didnt start until the 1886's

Sam, was the power angling blade an option on the HT20D's? Is it just a cylinder to control the angle, with obvious hydraulic lines connected to the front pto? Is this a common cylinder that can be mounted and used with any of the blades on the HT20D's? Here is a cylinder with a quick google search; http://www.northernt...CFclcMgodzTQAQA

I don't know the dimensions needed but would something like this work if I had the original part #?

Attached Thumbnails

• HT20D2.jpg

#21 LPBolens OFFLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 874
  • 1,176 Thanks
  • 882 posts

Posted December 04, 2013 - 01:18 PM

The HT20D diesel tractor is basically a factory-repowered HT23 (gas engine), so the power angling blade is not unique to the HT20D.

The power angling blade was an upgrade to the standard blade that Bolens sold for the Large Frames. The later Large Frames had front and rear auxiliary hydraulic ports. The double-acting cylinder on the blade hooked into the front ports and was operated from the auxiliary hydraulic valve control on the lower dash.

Edited by LPBolens, December 04, 2013 - 01:21 PM.

• Oregon_Bolens said thank you

#22 Oregon_Bolens OFFLINE  

Oregon_Bolens
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 149 Thanks
  • 171 posts

Posted December 04, 2013 - 02:02 PM

Thanks Doug, so a standard blade that came on an HT would not work with a double-acting cylinder? Looking at this picture, it looks like the blade on this HT20D can rotate 4 ways, but only manually for angling, and hydraulic for up/down? The blade looks very similar to the picture of Sam's...I'm really interested in this tractor and would love to be able to have the powered angling on it.

Attached Thumbnails

• HT.jpg

#23 nglauer OFFLINE  

nglauer
  • Member No: 46660
  • 390 Thanks
  • 350 posts

Posted December 04, 2013 - 03:23 PM

I really like those tires - they look a lot like the original Goodyear Terra tires on my HT's. That seems like a heck of a deal too! How much was shipping though?

Attached Thumbnails

• 20130908_203218.jpg
  • Bolens HT23 3.jpg

#24 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,212 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted December 04, 2013 - 05:08 PM

Thanks Doug, so a standard blade that came on an HT would not work with a double-acting cylinder? Looking at this picture, it looks like the blade on this HT20D can rotate 4 ways, but only manually for angling, and hydraulic for up/down? The blade looks very similar to the picture of Sam's...I'm really interested in this tractor and would love to be able to have the powered angling on it.

That blade on the tractor on the photo is the older plow used on the 1250-1476 that did not have the hydraulic angling out puts on the front of the tractor so they had manually for angling.  Every tractor after the 1886 had the out puts on the front to tern the plow side to side.

#25 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted December 04, 2013 - 08:00 PM

I wouldn't call the hydro angle blade "Standard", as it was an attachment. You could use either the manual or hydro angle blade on an HT20D.

Here's a good pic of how the hydro angle blade is setup.
100_4304.JPG

I'm guessing that it wouldn't take a whole lot of work to mod one of the manual angle blades to make it hydro angle.

#26 1967bolens collector OFFLINE  

1967bolens collector

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1920
  • 648 Thanks
  • 1,437 posts

Posted December 04, 2013 - 08:52 PM

its weird this thread came up I just got new front tires as well for both of my HT's I got v61 5 rib from m.e miller in ohio

#27 LPBolens OFFLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 874
  • 1,176 Thanks
  • 882 posts

Posted December 04, 2013 - 10:54 PM

I'm guessing that it wouldn't take a whole lot of work to mod one of the manual angle blades to make it hydro angle.

Just a little welding to attach the mounting brackets in the right places.

#28 Oregon_Bolens OFFLINE  

Oregon_Bolens
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 149 Thanks
  • 171 posts

Posted December 05, 2013 - 01:33 AM

[quote name="OldBuzzard" post="390997" timestamp="1386205201"]I wouldn't call the hydro angle blade "Standard", as it was an attachment. You could use either the manual or hydro angle blade on an HT20D.

[/quote][quote name="LPBolens" post="391080" timestamp="1386215656"]Just a little welding to attach the mounting brackets in the right places.[/quote

Good to know...of course, I need go get the tractor first...just day dreaming about what it'd be like to have a 4 way tilt blade on a diesel Ducati Bolens.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bolens ht20d