#16 Meangreen OFFLINE  

Meangreen

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 31
  • 94 Thanks
  • 300 posts

Posted April 05, 2013 - 08:05 AM

I like the idea of that, use it vertical for the big heavy lumps or horizontal for the smaller ones, good job.

20 horse engine will do fine, we have to use the parts we have lying around, adapt and improvise...my splitter is powered by a Lister twin diesel 10HP, which is a bit on the heavy side.

attachicon.gifsplitter4.jpg

Nice outfit,  I would sure like to see a video of you hand starting the diesel. Way cool

• Sam said thank you

#17 Sam OFFLINE  

Sam

• Contributor
  • Member No: 255
  • 71 Thanks
  • 174 posts

Posted April 05, 2013 - 05:49 PM

I do have a video somewhere I will look it out.

I made it from parts I gathered over the years so its by no means perfect but it does the job well, certainly better than swinging an axe, a thing I would like on it however is a self return with an adjustable preset stop and a loglift of sorts, your design wont need the loglift but do you have a self return on the ram?

NJKen you are correct, 16 inch throw on that ram but that's all I need, I usually cut to 6-8"

Howard this was originally a generator, I just cut off the gen and connected it to a pump, actually that's the only money I have in this, £20 for a machined part and a few welding rods, the rest I got from "dumpster diving" im thankfull that I have access to the right sort of skips.