• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted April 03, 2013 - 07:33 PM

It better be for show!!! Don't make me come up there and weld it so it can't spin! :watching_you: :D

Showing will include a demonstration every hour, on the hour.

#17 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted April 03, 2013 - 07:35 PM

I just watched the new video. It still starts good cold! I'm just glad you didn't try cutting that briggs project on the bench with your Stihl :D :watching_you:

• Ryan313 said thank you

#18 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted April 03, 2013 - 07:36 PM

Showing will include a demonstration every hour, on the hour.

In that case I will fab you up a rubber blade :D

• Ryan313 said thank you

#19 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted April 03, 2013 - 07:37 PM

I just watched the new video. It still starts good cold! I'm just glad you didn't try cutting that briggs project on the bench with your Stihl :D :watching_you:

Gosh darn, you found it... faster then I thought too. I am going to guess that you stopped at 250 and did not finish in your head? :rolling:

#20 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted April 03, 2013 - 07:40 PM

Gosh darn, you found it... faster then I thought too. I am going to guess that you stopped at 250 and did not finish in your head? :rolling:

LOL! You liked that huh? I was way ahead of you, I had The forum open in 2 tabs, one I was typing the PM's the other I kept refreshing to see when you posted the video :D

#21 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted April 03, 2013 - 07:43 PM

LOL! You liked that huh? I was way ahead of you, I had The forum open in 2 tabs, one I was typing the PM's the other I kept refreshing to see when you posted the video :D

That's cheating...

• chris m said thank you

#22 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted April 03, 2013 - 08:09 PM

Listen   Those buzz saws look really nasty.  I'm sure you'd be safe.

I liked the cold start too.  Thanks.

#23 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,262 Thanks
  • 28,604 posts

Posted April 03, 2013 - 10:18 PM

Nice saw, We've had a Stihl for years, and with proper maintenance it still starts that easy. Compression release is a wonderful thing.

#24 Sam OFFLINE  

Sam

• Contributor
  • Member No: 255
  • 71 Thanks
  • 174 posts

Posted April 04, 2013 - 03:15 PM

Just be careful going around without a safety hat, I have seen a few of those destroyed over the years by falling branches..even the smallest branch is enough to split your head open, they also have eye and ear protection, you only have two eyes, look after them, they don't grow back.. as with your ears, you will go deaf or partial deaf, protect your hearing.

I wont mention the lack of ballistic nylon protected gloves, boots or trousers.. im sure you are aware of that.

what I will mention though is you started the saw, and revved it up while you stepped forward, try not to do that, if you trip and that lands on you even going slow it will cut you to the bone in a split second.

BTW, its not a dig at you, I used to do it too, but a little chunk of wood hitting my eyeball at 70 MPH convinced me to put my visor down, safety gear doesn't make you invincible but it sure helps should it all go wrong, I have worked in the woods for more than 20 years and have seen a lot of blood, some of it could have been avoided, best to be safe..

Unless of course that is a safety bandana...

Good choice of saw, im a Husqvarna guy myself but I have a couple of Stihls.

#25 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted April 04, 2013 - 08:55 PM

Just be careful going around without a safety hat, I have seen a few of those destroyed over the years by falling branches..even the smallest branch is enough to split your head open, they also have eye and ear protection, you only have two eyes, look after them, they don't grow back.. as with your ears, you will go deaf or partial deaf, protect your hearing.

I wont mention the lack of ballistic nylon protected gloves, boots or trousers.. im sure you are aware of that.

what I will mention though is you started the saw, and revved it up while you stepped forward, try not to do that, if you trip and that lands on you even going slow it will cut you to the bone in a split second.

BTW, its not a dig at you, I used to do it too, but a little chunk of wood hitting my eyeball at 70 MPH convinced me to put my visor down, safety gear doesn't make you invincible but it sure helps should it all go wrong, I have worked in the woods for more than 20 years and have seen a lot of blood, some of it could have been avoided, best to be safe..

Unless of course that is a safety bandana...

Good choice of saw, im a Husqvarna guy myself but I have a couple of Stihls.

Man, you are as bad as Scott when I borrowed an excavator last fall! LOL! Only joking, I know those are real concerns. I have a plain hard had (no ear or face protection) I wear when I take trees down.

#26 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,478 Thanks
  • 5,010 posts

Posted April 05, 2013 - 09:23 AM

Members of our family have been Stihl dealers for years. You made a good choice on your saw and it should serve you well for a long time. One thing that gets neglected is the the air filter. Keep an eye on it and you and the saw will both be happy,

Your chainsaw is cutting logs faster than that buzzsaw. Other than the safety equipment mentioned you might want to look into a timberjack.

Cheap, easy to use and it will keep your chain out of the dirt.

#27 Sam OFFLINE  

Sam

• Contributor
  • Member No: 255
  • 71 Thanks
  • 174 posts

Posted April 05, 2013 - 06:06 PM

I watched axemen(?) a few times.. I don't think those guys wear any PPE either so it must just be the way it is there, Here if your not kitted out head to toe you are put off the job, I must have just got so used to those rules, enjoy your new saw :)

#28 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted April 05, 2013 - 06:17 PM

I too noticed that they don't have on any protective gear; dont think I was not wearing it because they don't wear any... Those guys are idiots.