I decided to give the cut away a try today. I had two K181 engines that were fit for the project. One of them was seized, and one was not; I decided to see how hard it would be to get it free and go from there.
Here are the two engines, the one on the right is the one I chose.
I started to take all of the exterior parts off and to my surprise everything came off very easily! Even the exhaust! Also, once I took the exhaust off it was not stuck anymore! The exhaust was hitting on the pulley and prevented the engine from turning. I was very happy with that, and continued to remove all of the other exterior parts.
I took the drain plug out and let the oi drain while I came inside to get something to eat. I am all filled up, and going back out now!