Back in Dec. I decided it was time to start on restoring one of my Power Hoes. I tell you time has not been on my side. With trying to get paint to match and parts for the engine its taking awhile.
I got this one almost a year ago for a good price. But after got it home and started to look at it I realized it wasn't in as good a shape I thought.
Got it running with new points and a codensor. The carb needed to be rebuilt and it smoked a bit. Tore it apart and just needed to replace the rings. Everything else looked good, was happy about that.
Someone at some point decided the set screws in the pulley on the output shaft weren't doing a good enough job and put a hose with a hose clamp on the end of the shaft. Doing that the pulley wobbled around and wore the pulley and shaft goofy. I ended up getting one from a fellow member (Thanks Matt) that was in great shape. I haven't decided what to do about the pulley yet. Was thinking about making one out of aluminum, but haven't found a big enough chunk of aluminum to machine down.
The last few weeks I have been cleaning and painting some parts in my spare time.
Started putting it together last night, but still waiting for a seal and filter screen for the sediment bowl.
I'm really happy with the way its turning out. Hopefully this next week (when it warms up a bit) I'll get the chassis sandblasted so I can get it painted and mount the engine. I want to hear it run pretty bad!