Peta Needs To Go Fly A Kite...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

#31 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,688 Thanks
  • 2,910 posts

Posted March 26, 2013 - 02:36 PM

Any and every organization looking for money from you needs to be able to tell you how much actually goes towards its intended target.  It's shocking how many will admit on the phone that less than 25% goes to the charity they are schilling for.

• tractorgarden, js5020, twostep and 2 others have said thanks

#32 pigsitter OFFLINE  

enjoyin the livin part of life!

• Member No: 10704
  • 1,227 Thanks
  • 1,083 posts

Posted March 29, 2013 - 02:58 PM

Just a few thoughts on corporate factory farms,as I said earlier in this thread I ran one these type operations for better than 10 years and most of that time I was working alone with several thousand pigs at one time,we did not abuse our animals,every pen was walked through at least once a day,and any sick or hurt animals were tended to asap.All feed deliveries were accompanied with a ticket showing ALL ingredients never once did I see anything related to added hormones etc.I took a lot of pride in my work and even set a number of company production records in the process it really ticks me off when people start throwing generalities around and dumping everyone who runs one of these operations into the same bucket. Thank you for listening to me rant a litte as this is a touchy subject to me,I'll get off my soapbox now as always have nice day!

• olcowhand, tractorgarden, js5020 and 2 others have said thanks