4 replies to this topic

#1 ErnRemy OFFLINE  

ErnRemy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1300
  • 19 Thanks
  • 148 posts

Posted October 06, 2010 - 10:30 AM

Can anybody tell me if an 1855 hydro will fit in a mf14/16 or would a 1650 hydro be a better fit?? The guy I want to buy the 1855 from is going to take hydro from it. If it will fit, but I am trying to talk him into trading for one of my 1650's I would rather have the 1855 as a unit. I need to know by the weekend, as I have an opportunity to have these things back hauled for me for nothing!

#2 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,652 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted October 06, 2010 - 12:28 PM

Neither a direct fit, as the MF14 hydro has different rock shafts, but can be changed out from the old MF14 pump to the 50 & 55 series pumps. The shaft that comes out of the pump that the forward/rev linkages fits to is what I am speaking of. I had an old MF14 pump, and I changed out the shafts from my worn out 1655 pump to the MF14 pump, then installed the pump to my 1655. The pump has to be completely taken apart to swap out the shafts.

#3 ErnRemy OFFLINE  

ErnRemy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1300
  • 19 Thanks
  • 148 posts

Posted October 06, 2010 - 02:42 PM

maybe I should have been more clear he is referring to the entire trans-axle I believe. The rock shaft you are referring to is the shaft at the bottom of the hydro unit it self correct??

#4 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,652 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted October 06, 2010 - 02:54 PM

maybe I should have been more clear he is referring to the entire trans-axle I believe. The rock shaft you are referring to is the shaft at the bottom of the hydro unit it self correct??

The entire transaxle will swap, BUT the shaft coming out the side of the hydro pump itself, just to left & behind the driveshaft input shaft (as seen sitting on tractor) will not be a direct fit to the MF14. It's is the shaft that the swash plate of the hydro (part that changes speed & direction) swivels on & the linkages to your hydro hand control goes onto at the pump. You also have to swap out the hi-lo levers.

#5 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,652 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted October 06, 2010 - 02:56 PM

The entire transaxle will swap, BUT the shaft coming out the side of the hydro pump itself, just to left & behind the driveshaft input shaft (as seen sitting on tractor) will not be a direct fit to the MF14. It's is the shaft that the swash plate of the hydro (part that changes speed & direction) swivels on & the linkages to your hydro hand control goes onto at the pump. You also have to swap out the hi-lo levers.

Either of the 1650 or 1655 complete hydro/transaxle will require the same work to fit to a MF14, so I'd not want him taking the hydro off the complete unit you are wanting.