2 replies to this topic

#1 98Murray OFFLINE  

98Murray
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 23652
  • 50 Thanks
  • 36 posts

Posted March 24, 2013 - 11:25 PM

I am working on a mower for a friend and need a new wiring harness because the old one is chewed up and no good and I replaced the old motor with another. The old engine was a Tecumpseh 15HP OHV. Replacement engine is a Briggs & Strtton 11HP flathead. the wiring harness has 4 safety switches

seat

reverse

PTO

Brake

And the motor has a total of 4 wires, starter, coil kill, and 2 stator wires. The headlights go to the ignition switch so when its running the headlights are on. It has a 5 pole ignition switch and 3 pole sylinoid. also has NO ammeter. If anyone has a wiring harness like the one I am needing or very similar and are willing to sell for a reasonable price please let me know. I also need the PTO safety switch if you have one. Heres some photos of the tractor.

Attached Thumbnails

• 734251_512124322166423_282658338_n.jpg
  • 181013_511802502198605_1649583356_n.jpg

#2 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,662 Thanks
  • 6,476 posts

Posted March 25, 2013 - 06:59 AM

You will need a wiring diagram, usually in the manual for your tractor. Can get them from MTD site if you have model and series numbers. OR, check on here in manuals section, they have quite a bit. Then I would go one wire at a time and run them the way diagram shows and compare to your old harness for lengths and where to run it. You may find you can use some of old harness wires and rebundle them into a new harness. It is a slow and painful process. You might check with MTD and see if one is available for yours if it is not too old of model.

#3 Guest_Fluid_*

Guest_Fluid_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted December 31, 2013 - 10:39 PM

I am working on a mower for a friend and need a new wiring harness because the old one is chewed up and no good and I replaced the old motor with another. The old engine was a Tecumpseh 15HP OHV. Replacement engine is a Briggs & Strtton 11HP flathead. the wiring harness has 4 safety switches

seat

reverse

PTO

Brake

And the motor has a total of 4 wires, starter, coil kill, and 2 stator wires. The headlights go to the ignition switch so when its running the headlights are on. It has a 5 pole ignition switch and 3 pole sylinoid. also has NO ammeter. If anyone has a wiring harness like the one I am needing or very similar and are willing to sell for a reasonable price please let me know. I also need the PTO safety switch if you have one. Heres some photos of the tractor.

Did you ever find a harness for the yard machine?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wanted, wiring, mtd, mower