wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,213 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted September 13, 2013 - 06:37 PM

Any updates on this?

Yes! I was slowed down when the front rims was so rusted I need to fix or buy new ones. I have sence got rims from Ray at Buckley and plan to put color on the rims and other yellow parts.

#17 kingscarpion OFFLINE  

kingscarpion
  • Member No: 42105
  • 40 Thanks
  • 47 posts

Posted September 17, 2013 - 10:09 PM

nice machine! I wish I had a set of tires like those!! maybe in  a 18x4.00 !!!!:LOL!

#18 jdcrawler OFFLINE  

jdcrawler

tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1639
  • 3,173 Thanks
  • 1,724 posts

Posted September 18, 2013 - 06:47 AM

Tires are available from Miller Tire in both the 4.00x18 and 5.50x16 size.

#19 kingscarpion OFFLINE  

kingscarpion
  • 40 Thanks
  • 47 posts

Posted September 21, 2013 - 08:59 PM

I truly believe there is NO real GREEN color that's DEAD ON! Ive seen NOS parts different than my #1 color so I painted my machine the ORIGINAL on my machine with a paint camera and its 100% but the other ridemaster was darker green! neither machine was EVER repainted!! Bolens wasn't that particular about color! so its a real hard decision!!

#20 jdcrawler OFFLINE  

jdcrawler

tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1639
  • 3,173 Thanks
  • 1,724 posts

Posted September 22, 2013 - 07:40 AM

The problem I have with a lighter green on the Ridemasters is that it makes them look like they are painted John Deere colors.

I used Valspar Oliver green so the paint on my Ridemasters are a little darker than the John Deere color.

#21 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,208 posts

Posted September 22, 2013 - 05:38 PM

I truly believe there is NO real GREEN color that's DEAD ON! Ive seen NOS parts different than my #1 color so I painted my machine the ORIGINAL on my machine with a paint camera and its 100% but the other ridemaster was darker green! neither machine was EVER repainted!! Bolens wasn't that particular about color! so its a real hard decision!!

One thing to remember is the Ridemasters were made 48'-58' so parts from different years will be a different color.

So Far I have been able to determine at least 3 different shades of green from 48-58' on Bolens equipment so some of those parts you may come across will be from later years than your tractor.

Another interesting thing I found out was if the factory was still producing some parts from discontinued equipment they would paint the parts whatever the new colors for that year were. For example I just got some NOS Ride-a-Matic deck parts that were painted Tubeframe Green! The Sticker was dated 64'

#22 kingscarpion OFFLINE  

kingscarpion
  • 40 Thanks
  • 47 posts

Posted September 23, 2013 - 10:48 PM

excellent info!! I appreciate your input!! I got the color and painted the tractor!! Ill post pics soon!