5 replies to this topic

#1 hamman OFFLINE  

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,528 Thanks
  • 2,552 posts

Posted March 24, 2013 - 02:38 PM

Had a nice day here yesterday. 43* and sunny. Still have about 14" of snow on the ground and piles of plowed and blown snow. Got the batteries in the 4 wheelers yesteday and readied the Sears Custom 10 XL ( Charlie) for the spring. Cleaned up the rear lift linkage for the Homelite (Bob) and cleaned up a carb for Bob's new motor. Still to cold to do much outside but have to get out and shake off this spring fever I have. Will have lots of work for all the GTs this spring and summer. Have about 4 trees plus several large limbs down in the yard that came down from the first big smow and ice we had last year. Need to get them to the fire pit to burn while we still have snow on the ground, otherwise we can't burn until much later in the spring.  Put the new stickers on the boat and getting it ready to do more fishing this year than we did last year. Oh ya got a different motor for the 1942 Allis Chalmes WC and plan on having it running this spring. Here's a couple of pictures. No shortage of projects.  

Planning on watching " The BIble " tonight on the History Channel tonight.  Hope you all are having a good weekend. Roger.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF1983.JPG
  • DSCF9193.JPG

• jd.rasentrac said thank you

#2 jd.rasentrac OFFLINE  

Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10327
  • 4,379 Thanks
  • 3,960 posts

Posted March 24, 2013 - 03:00 PM

• post-1733-0-64730800-1364153837_thumb.jp    not bad  :thumbs: (you know, I'm a Deere guy)
  • - and today we had a sunny sunday :dancingbanana:  spring may come, we're waiting :rocker2:

Edited by jd.rasentrac, March 24, 2013 - 03:02 PM.

• hamman said thank you

• Member No: 10038
  • 4,676 Thanks
  • 4,224 posts

Posted March 24, 2013 - 03:46 PM

Use an old WC then a WD at our city park years ago. We had a pull type bush-hog and we mowed the fields.

We have an old Allis Chalmers (now a New Holland) dealer here in town. They have been in business for probably 80--90 years, and up until a few years ago, it was the same family.

• hamman said thank you

#4 jms180 OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1266
  • 860 Thanks
  • 1,156 posts

Posted March 24, 2013 - 04:27 PM

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I also plan on watching the Bible story tonight.

• hamman said thank you

#5 Arti OFFLINE  

• Member No: 11282
  • 1,266 Thanks
  • 956 posts

Posted March 24, 2013 - 06:51 PM

I have the same problem.  Spring fever and near record low temps. Nice here yesterday but snowing again today.

A late spring in South West Wisconsin this year.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,419 Thanks
  • 4,886 posts

Posted March 24, 2013 - 06:58 PM

OOOO, I love old Allis', looks like a start to a nice project.