#91 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,073 Thanks
  • 1,444 posts

Posted June 14, 2012 - 07:37 AM

Home remodeling etc: seem to go on forever,especially when other things demand most of our/your time.Eventually you'll get it done and the heating/cooling saving's will make you glad that you did what you did.I can also say that ladder work is hard on knee's and feet etc: Plus its slower going and getting older makes it even slower going.I'd rather be working on the ground anyday .Good work Dan. Larry

Edited by massey driver, June 14, 2012 - 07:38 AM.

#92 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,637 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted June 14, 2012 - 08:48 AM

:dancingbanana: Knees are fine today! Or at least no worse than normal. I'm always stiff of a morning, but by middle of the morning milking I almost always loosen up. Gonna do some more house repair today. I took care of the couple other farm chores this morning.

#93 powerking56 OFFLINE  

powerking56

Collector of stuff

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 359
  • 907 Thanks
  • 1,805 posts

Posted June 14, 2012 - 11:06 AM

Window looks good Daniel, I am with all of you who find ladder work not fun anymore it is hard on the body as we get "older"
Hope the rest of the siding job goes well for you!

#94 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,637 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted June 14, 2012 - 07:37 PM

Got this side pretty much ready for the new siding. Will switch to stripping the opposite side tomorrow. Then I'll get the topside last. I am putting a matching window on the other side, then a gable vent at top.

DSC00885.JPG

#95 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted June 14, 2012 - 07:48 PM

Daniel, The house is coming along. Very nice job on the window, before long you'll have that side done. Good Job!! :thumbs:

#96 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,637 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted June 14, 2012 - 07:53 PM

Yes, good to be back on this job Brian, but it's gonna be a bear putting the J-channel around those octagonal windows. The octagonal vent has a square extension of the actual vent that goes into a square hole, so I'll likely just install the siding, then drill a hole to start a jigsaw to cut the hole, then screw the vent on & simply caulk the gaps, or maybe leave as-is without caulking. All depends on how it looks. Hopefully this side of the house will be finished when you come to my neck of the woods in July.

#97 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,637 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted June 15, 2012 - 12:18 PM

Got the other side stripped after milking this morning. Getting hot out now! Need to get insulation in today, and the air conditioner hole filled in, then plastic sheeting on, as there's a chance of spotty storms tomorrow.

DSC00886.JPG

#98 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,686 posts

Posted June 15, 2012 - 02:13 PM

Glad you got it all stripped. Hope you don't get a flood! We get our best rain at a 10% chance for showers!

#99 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,637 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted June 15, 2012 - 05:56 PM

Glad you got it all stripped. Hope you don't get a flood! We get our best rain at a 10% chance for showers!

Pop-corn rain storms are popping up now! It would have to literally pour down to get to the inner walls, but it could happen. I have to go pay our sawdust guy right now, but I may toss up some plastic when I get back.

#100 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,637 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted June 15, 2012 - 06:57 PM

Got plastic haphazardly over the left side. Now it for sure won't rain. I didn't get plastic on the attic area, as I am so tired I could barely deal with the ladder. Stepped on a nail too. Aimed to do cleanup today, but not enough time. I wasn't walking in the old board "toss it" spot, but I tripped over my own feet while moving the ladder, then got into the nail. No biggie, it just went in a 1/4" or so.
Now for a long shower & a shave, then some grub. Been a long 13hr HOT day!

#101 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted June 15, 2012 - 09:54 PM

Man I have stepped on a nail before......not good! The nursery has some areas that had staples that we used to hold down the plastic ground cover.......I wear those light weight shoes and the staple went straight through....was not fun pulling my foot off that staple.

Hope yours is okay! Looks like you got alot accomplished today.

#102 tinner OFFLINE  

tinner

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 961
  • 502 Thanks
  • 1,561 posts

Posted June 15, 2012 - 10:09 PM

Looking good Daniel. Know about stepping on nails, done it several times. Worst was swinging down off the horse and ran one through the sole, through my foot and out the top of the boot and it was a bent nail too. The doc had to cut the head off to get the board off first and then pulled it the rest of the way through my foot. NOW THAT SMARTS! Here's hoping you don't step on any more.

#103 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,686 posts

Posted June 16, 2012 - 05:21 AM

I think we have all stepped on a nail at some time. Hope it heals quick, you don't need a catch in your giddyup. Glad you got some plastic covering things. I'm sure you will be glad when this is all finished!

#104 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,637 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted June 16, 2012 - 09:34 AM

Foot is fine & can't even feel where the nail went in. Heading to Lowes in a few to get the other octagonal window & a pair of gable vents. originally only planned on putting one octagonal window in where the diamond windows were, then boxing over the other. But it won't look right with just the one, so getting another to balance the looks.
Not doing any house work today as I need the break, plus my Son's day off & I have enough to do and no need of pushing myself too hard. Yesterday whipped my tail!

#105 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,637 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted June 17, 2012 - 08:49 AM

These house repairs are getting my right arm's tendonitis flared up from the hammering, but the worst part by far is the complete lack of GT time. I think I'm getting withdrawal symptoms! I may have to do something with a tractor this afternoon once the Father's Day dinners are done.