2 replies to this topic

#1 suburban 12 OFFLINE  

suburban 12
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29382
  • 396 Thanks
  • 325 posts

Posted March 23, 2013 - 10:26 PM

I have had my 104 for almost two years now and It has served me well. I bought it for $300, it ran great and came with tire chains when I got it. I also bought a pair of john deere wheel weights with it for $30. The rear tires constantly went flat so I put a spare set that we had on. The deck bearing are bad but it still works. I have mulched a brick with it and it didn't even bog down much, my brother mulched a one inch sapling and it didn't bog at all. Then last fall, I was mowing tall wet grass and I guess I pushed it past its limits. It started running almost "lop sided" and rough and pouring heavy white smoke form the valve breather. From then on, it would run fine until it got warm and then if I put the throttle  over a certain point it would run rough. I let it sit for a wile, then my brother got parts cadet wide frame. We took the engines out, got the clutch mounts changed over, and got the new engine in. After we got it in, we found out that the new engine isn't working right either. My brother thinks that the compression release isn't working, it wont turn over all the way easily. Now it is sitting in our shed waiting for me to have time to work on it again. Also, I don't have a picture of them but I got an original pair of wide cadet tires for free, I still need to find a pair of rims for them.

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_3660.JPG
  • 100_3662.JPG
  • 100_3686.JPG
  • 102_0763.JPG

• boyscout862 said thank you

#2 KennyP OFFLINE  

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 27,660 Thanks
  • 39,030 posts

Posted March 24, 2013 - 05:42 AM

Nice looking 104! Sounds like it's time for some exploratory surgery on those engines.

• suburban 12 said thank you

#3 ckjakline OFFLINE  

• Member No: 6073
  • 1,052 Thanks
  • 1,082 posts

Posted March 24, 2013 - 07:56 AM

You got one heck of a deal on those wheel weights.Thats a nice looking 104.

• suburban 12 said thank you