Bob's Lawn and Garden Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 945
  • 1,413 Thanks
  • 2,117 posts

Posted October 04, 2010 - 10:51 PM

This was a couple weeks ago just getting to upload the pics now for the second time.It was a good time but this was all the pics that i had time to get.

Attached Thumbnails

• bobs stuff 4404.jpg
  • bobs stuff 4412.jpg
  • bobs stuff 4419.jpg
  • bobs stuff 4398.jpg
  • bobs stuff 4410.jpg
  • bobs stuff 4418.jpg
  • bobs stuff 4405.jpg
  • bobs stuff 4411.jpg
  • bobs stuff 4406.jpg
  • bobs stuff 4399.jpg
  • bobs stuff 4409.jpg
  • bobs stuff 4407.jpg
  • bobs stuff 4416.jpg
  • bobs stuff 4402.jpg
  • bobs stuff 4400.jpg
  • bobs stuff 4401.jpg
  • bobs stuff 4417.jpg
  • bobs stuff 4415.jpg
  • bobs stuff 4414.jpg
  • bobs stuff 4413.jpg
  • bobs stuff 4408.jpg
  • bobs stuff 4403.jpg
  • bobs stuff 4397.jpg
  • bobs stuff 4420.jpg
  • bobs stuff 4393.jpg
  • bobs stuff 4396.jpg
  • bobs stuff 4394.jpg
  • bobs stuff 4395.jpg
  • bobs stuff 4392.jpg

#2 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted October 05, 2010 - 04:32 AM

Lots of good looking stuff there.I especially like the articulated Allis Chalmers,that was custom built right ?

#3 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,700 Thanks
  • 17,207 posts

Posted October 05, 2010 - 06:37 AM

Great pics

#4 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,630 Thanks
  • 3,869 posts

Posted October 05, 2010 - 07:54 AM

Great Pics
Love the Allis articulated.

#5 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted October 05, 2010 - 08:16 AM

Great show & thanks for the pics. Never seen so many pedal tractors in one place. All the shows further north are bigger by far than down my way. Would love to go to some of these big shows some day.

#6 bhts OFFLINE  

bhts

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 1,413 Thanks
  • 2,117 posts

Posted October 05, 2010 - 10:28 AM

Lots of good looking stuff there.I especially like the articulated Allis Chalmers,that was custom built right ?

Yea the allis is a custom built tractor.He modeled it from the big tractor.He also built a jd the same way.It is a true 4 wheel drive and uses two case rearends to make it.I know the guy that built it and he did a great job on it.He did price it to me as he does it for the fun and is getting ready to build another one.He was asking $12,500 for it.

#7 hydriv OFFLINE  

hydriv

Tractorholic

• Validating
  • Member No: 256
  • 70 Thanks
  • 583 posts

Posted October 05, 2010 - 10:39 AM

Great pics. Thanks for posting them. The pedal tractor collection is staggering in quantity, variety, restoration quality and total value. I had no idea that there were so many models available. As someone who has a mild interest in Case, I was surprised to see a Black Knight and Spirit of 76 pedal tractor. I guess I've led a rather sheltered life.

Perhaps I have it all wrong but it looks to me that the collection is permanently mounted to two custom built 5th wheel style trailers and that this is set up as a "train" to be pulled by something as light as a dual-wheel one ton pickup truck. Do you have any insight on this issue? I see that the rear corners of the lead trailer are 45'd off to facilitate turning. It's apparently "legal" but to me, it's a first to see something like this. Trains for Class 8 trucks are common in my area. We have gasoline tankers, flat decks and dry vans running up and down the highway but nothing like this setup.

#8 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted October 05, 2010 - 04:59 PM

Great pictures bhts! I'm gonna second you on that Hydrv! The sheer $$ that went into that collection is mind-numbing! The registration alone on those 5th wheel trailers in PA is $400 a year, let alone the cost of all the pedal tractors! That is quite the impressive collection of power Kings as well. Do they all belong to the same owner or was that the featured tractor? Thanks for posting the pics!

#9 bhts OFFLINE  

bhts

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 1,413 Thanks
  • 2,117 posts

Posted October 05, 2010 - 06:11 PM

The power kings are owned by one guy.He lives about 10 mins away does have a nice collection.The pedal cars were a first this year.I did not see what they hauled them in with but one set was gone sunday morning and i left before he got back to get the others.They are mounted on the trailer using u bolts around the axels so they can be removed as needed.I would liked to met the guy but i never did see him.I am not a big fan of the pedel cars but this was so neat to see somthing of this size at the same time.

#10 hydriv OFFLINE  

hydriv

Tractorholic

• Validating
  • Member No: 256
  • 70 Thanks
  • 583 posts

Posted October 05, 2010 - 08:46 PM

The registration alone on those 5th wheel trailers in PA is $400 a year, let alone the cost of all the pedal tractors!

That's what I call highway robbery. We went through that sort of crap many years ago here in Ontario and put a stop to it. At that time, trailer plates were issued with a one-time fee of five bucks. Today, it's still a one-time fee but it's now about $30.00. Not a big deal. The pulling tractor is the item that gets to pay for either an annual plate or quarterly plate fees. That fee is based upon the gross weight of the tractor, trailer and the load being carried. First off, your rig must be legally designed to carry the weight you register it for. There are rules pertaining to axle spacing and load distribution.

The old system of charging the fee on the trailer was stupid, unfair and difficult to enforce. Now, operators don't care if a trailer sits for months with a load in them or sit empty due to a lack of business. No one's running to the licence office to get a refund on trailer plates just because the trailer may not hit the road again for the next six months. I feel sorry for that guy with those two trailers. That's a rip-off when you consider those trailers may only be used a few times per year. I think that I'd licence one of them and then swap the plate back and forth to save myself the $400.00 .

#11 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,303 Thanks
  • 28,628 posts

Posted October 06, 2010 - 08:54 PM

That's what I call highway robbery...... I feel sorry for that guy with those two trailers. That's a rip-off when you consider those trailers may only be used a few times per year...I think that I'd licence one of them and then swap the plate back and forth to save myself the $400.00 .

They frown on that & a lot more here.

Years ago, my Dad spent the better part of 2 months working with the State police, and our DOT to consolidate the code into an easier to read "Cliff-notes" version as it pertained to small haulers (under 30,000). It was in several area club newsletters. One of the things that stuck was if you had a truck, say 3/4 ton, licensed to tow up to 20K, and you buy a trailer that's licensed for 25K, on your way home from the dealer (empty trailer) you get stopped... instant $1000. Doesn't matter what's on the trailer, it's what it capable of. ANY "trailer over" conflict is a fine. The other way around is OK tho... Dad does a weight class 7 now. WAY over his trailer's capabilities.

Fast forward 1 year & they changed the rules all over again, made it even harder to understand, Dad didn't have the ambition to go it all again. We try to stay legal, follow all the rules we know of, pray we don't miss any.

That's the heck of it, Pray to my God that I don't offend my Government by doing something wrong that I don't know is illegal...

#12 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,303 Thanks
  • 28,628 posts

Posted October 06, 2010 - 09:01 PM

SORRY, I WAS WAY :offtopic:
I'll get off my soap box now...:D

#13 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted October 07, 2010 - 07:37 AM

bhts, thank you for posting the pics.

As for regulations on trucks and trailers, it is hard to follow and I am glad I am out of the business.