#16 SearsYellow OFFLINE  

SearsYellow

Mower Extraordinaire

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10530
  • 449 Thanks
  • 561 posts

Posted March 24, 2013 - 09:26 AM

The gas tank could be filled with rocks because they were attempting to clean out the gas tank. Back in the days farmers used to fill gas tanks full of rocks and then attach it to the wheel of a tractor. That gas tank would stay on the wheel all day while working the fields and it would be nice and shiney inside at the end of the day.
  • EricFromPa said thank you

#17 Brando OFFLINE  

Brando
  • Member No: 14091
  • 338 Thanks
  • 331 posts

Posted March 24, 2013 - 09:29 AM

heck of a score for sure !

• EricFromPa said thank you

#18 EricFromPa OFFLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,298 Thanks
  • 2,331 posts

Posted March 24, 2013 - 11:17 AM

The gas tank could be filled with rocks because they were attempting to clean out the gas tank. Back in the days farmers used to fill gas tanks full of rocks and then attach it to the wheel of a tractor. That gas tank would stay on the wheel all day while working the fields and it would be nice and shiney inside at the end of the day.

The tank under the seat is plastic.He may of tried to use it at one time.The plastic tanks on the 200 series tractors are twice the size of the original 112 tank.I found a Dual diaphragm fuel pump ripped apart in the bottom of the parts box.The original steel tank is really clean inside.

If I get it to run I'm going to leave the gravel in the rear tank for weight.It's completely full of pea gravel.I was wondering why it felt a bit on the heavy side when I was loading it.

I wasn't interested in the 112 at all but I wanted the 14hp briggs for parts.Heck I would of bid $75 just for the engine.I'm going to use the engine in my MTD 1400.This one is in alot better running condition.

I may keep the JD112 if I can get her to run.It does have a new starter on it so I have high hopes that it will run.    

#19 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,941 posts

Posted March 24, 2013 - 01:17 PM

Nice deal! I need that Briggs for my Allis

#20 1967bolens collector OFFLINE  

1967bolens collector

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1920
  • 648 Thanks
  • 1,437 posts

Posted March 26, 2013 - 04:24 AM

sweet deal.. its all about the hunt

#21 1967bolens collector OFFLINE  

1967bolens collector

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1920
  • 648 Thanks
  • 1,437 posts

Posted March 26, 2013 - 05:08 AM

i learned that trick from my dad and grand father